Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whoever taught my kid this is gonna get it.

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 9 Replies
"BORING!"

Everything he watches on tv and everything is doing he announces in this loud obnoxious voice that its 'BORING'

But he's all talk because I'm like "go do something else."

"No. I want to do this."

"Then please don't say that. It sounds rude. Think of a nicer way to say it."

"BORING"

"Go to your room."

"BORING." (but then he goes, laughing because he thinks he's funny. And I have no voice and any type of interaction results in my hacking up a lung so I just told him to knock it off and we'd talk about it all later).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sampson200
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My 8 year old did this for a bit.... I casually let him know that it probably wasn't everything around him that was boring....it was probably HIM that was boring.

I also told him that very intelligent people rarely find anything boring, because they're so creative they can make any situation or place interesting by seeing it a different way.

So, tell your kid it's probably HIm that is boring; not everything around him.

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM

BORING.......LOL ;0)

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:16 AM
He's four. LOL. He's just going to do it until he gets...well...bored with it. LMAO.

I think I'm just going to ignore it for the rest of the day.

Quoting sampson200:

My 8 year old did this for a bit.... I casually let him know that it probably wasn't everything around him that was boring....it was probably HIM that was boring.

I also told him that very intelligent people rarely find anything boring, because they're so creative they can make any situation or place interesting by seeing it a different way.

So, tell your kid it's probably HIm that is boring; not everything around him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunshineBird
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM

My 5 yo has done the "boring" thing for a while now. I usually follow up with "life is tough, I don't know how you manage!" lol. 

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Make a "Boring" jar. When he says he's bored, pull a slip of paper out of the jar with either and activity or a chore written on it.
Doing chores everytime he says "boring" is a sure fire way to put an end to him saying everything is boring! LOL

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM
lmao

Quoting stephiebugg:

Make a "Boring" jar. When he says he's bored, pull a slip of paper out of the jar with either and activity or a chore written on it.
Doing chores everytime he says "boring" is a sure fire way to put an end to him saying everything is boring! LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I remember when my (5) now 7yr old started using the word 'actually'..... OMGoodness he drove me nuts everything was ~actually! Actually*, actually momĀ¢.... UGH!! Lol
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM
i feel for you. i say 'actually' quite a bit. i am aware it makes me sound like an insufferable know it all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I remember when my (5) now 7yr old started using the word 'actually'..... OMGoodness he drove me nuts everything was ~actually! Actually*, actually momĀ¢.... UGH!! Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Superlaura328
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Ugh, my brother taught my son the Peanut Butter Jelly song. I wanted to shoot him in the face (my brother, not my son).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)