Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter has a check up this week and I'm terrified!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She is 18 months and has not gained weight according to my home scale since about 13 months.
She weighs 20 pounds. She's short in comparison with my nephew (he's 22 days younger than her, 4 inches taller and 9 pounds heavier.)
But she eats EVERYTHING, still nurses regularly, has gotten taller but no heavier.
Yesterday I noticed her pants kept falling down her butt and when I pulled them up I checked the size. I was certain daddy had put her in pants too large, but the size was 3-6 months!
I'm sick to my stomach this week worrying about her appointment on Thursday. I'm scared that her weight will signal something abnormal.
Most of her milestones are being met perfectly. She's active physically, my only other concern is her speech. She has a tongue and lip tie (evaluated nearly a year ago and due to be reevaluated soon) and she really isn't talking much. Maybe five words with regularity. I try not to compare her to my nephew but he says 30+ words already.
I'm just so nervous! Any advice or similar situations?
I'm sure I'm just doing the whole overly worrisome mama thing but seeing those 3-6 month pants falling off her really hit me hard.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Replies (81-82):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I agree with most of what is being said here, don't worry so much. However you mentioned she had a tongue / lip tie ?

My now 9 yr daughter was tongue tied, they had to clip it when she was a baby. Sometimes being tongue tied can cause speech delay, I'd have the pedi check it out. It's no big deal. My dd won't be quiet now, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM
My daughter turned 2 in November and she's only 22 lbs...no one has ever said anything to me about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN