Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need Puppy Help!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

We got a puppy 9 days ago, she is 9 1/2 weeks old. The last three days she is peeing everywhere!! I take her out every 20-30 minutes. She has peed in her crate several times. We got a pen/gate for her so that when I'm doing things around the house she doesn't have to be in her crate because she's too young to be let to run around the house, she has peed in there probably six times. Just now, I took her outside, she peed, she pooped, had nothing to drink between taking her out till now. I was sitting with her on the couch, playing. She runs down to the other side of the couch with her toy and within 5 seconds, she peed on the couch.

What is going on? What can I do differently?! I know they have to be taken out a lot and I am doing that. I don't know what I am doing wrong! HELP!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM
You are not doing anything wrong, welcome to having a puppy!
mitchiesgirl
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM

What breed is she? Most likely she just hasn't learned any bladder control. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this
She's a 9 week old puppy in the middle of a huge transition. Don't allow her to go where you don't want pee to happen. Confine her to one room and set up some puppy pads. Then, when she's more comfortable allow her access to more of the house. Above all, keep taking her out frequently and reward, reward, reward when she potties outside. Expect accidents, and reward triumph :)
HetherElizabeth
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Maybe try taking her out every 15 min.im not sure what else to tell you so here's a bump too. Oh make sure you are rewarding her even if its just a really excited good girl and some petting when she goes outside to potty. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:07 AM

she is a cocker spaniel, poodle mix. She was fine the first week we had her that's why I'm so confused. Only had one little accident and now all of the sudden its like every 15 minutes she's having an accident. I don't want to leave her in the crate all the time but I can't have her peeing all over the place. When she starts whining like she has to go I take her out immediately, what else can I do?

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

happymama2D
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this
How big is her crate? It should be small enough so that if she goes in there she can't get away from it. If she can pee or poop in one end and then go sit away from it, it defeats the purpose. That is also the case if she is going in a gated off area. What breed is she? Little dogs can sometimes be a bit more if a challenge to house break.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM

When she pee's in the crate, she just lays in it, doesn't even seem to care. She is a cocker spaniel/poodle mix. I don't think it's the size of the crate that's the problem, if we get one smaller she won't have enough room to even stand up.

Quoting happymama2D:

How big is her crate? It should be small enough so that if she goes in there she can't get away from it. If she can pee or poop in one end and then go sit away from it, it defeats the purpose. That is also the case if she is going in a gated off area. What breed is she? Little dogs can sometimes be a bit more if a challenge to house break.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I'm having the same issues with my 8 week old yorkie-poo! She will not pee on the pad nor outside. She will poo and pee in her kennel though. I control her food and water and she still does it in her kennel. I'm about ready to pull my hair out!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Atleast I know I'm not alone!! FREE PUPPY GIVEAWAY!!! lol I am so tired, got three hours of sleep because of getting up to take her out and I have no patience left for this bs today. I just think to myself, why did we do this? I love her I really do but since getting her life has been miserable and I am SO tired I just want to stomp my feet and throw a temper tantrum!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm having the same issues with my 8 week old yorkie-poo! She will not pee on the pad nor outside. She will poo and pee in her kennel though. I control her food and water and she still does it in her kennel. I'm about ready to pull my hair out!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Thats one of issues with cocker spaniels it does get better.

Quoting Anonymous:

she is a cocker spaniel, poodle mix. She was fine the first week we had her that's why I'm so confused. Only had one little accident and now all of the sudden its like every 15 minutes she's having an accident. I don't want to leave her in the crate all the time but I can't have her peeing all over the place. When she starts whining like she has to go I take her out immediately, what else can I do?

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)