Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bacterial vaginosis

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
Bv....

Anyone else deal with it?? Ive had it for 6 years and cant get rid of it!! Ive taken all the different meds and done the all natural stuff nothing seems to work!!

Anyone know of something that does?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I get it every now and then, usually after having intercourse after going a period of time without having it... lol

My dr always prescribes Flagyl, bc I can get the generic for very cheap, it's a gross pill to swallow, but it takes care of the problem! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I've had it for about 11yrs ago.I am sick of it.Try a yogurt douche that's what my OBGYN recommended last time I was in.There is also sone things at the store I have been taking .
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Ive had the flagyl pills and iv drip. Taken clendomiocin the creame. Looked online and tried different th ing... literalllu nothing works :/
mommie2twogirls
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM

i had it when pregnant through my whole pregnancy and after i had my son it went away

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Try oil of oregano.  You can get it at the health food store in liquid and in capsules.  Take it with food, though.  You also might want to think about douching with betadine as well. 

http://www.naturalnews.com/024685_oregano_oil_of.html

http://www.livestrong.com/article/83200-bacterial-vaginosis-remedies/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I have it constantly too.  The smell is awful and it's so embarrassing.  It went away when I was pregnant so I think it may have something to do with hormone levels.  Flagyl or metronidazole clears it up but it always comes back as soon as I have sex again.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I used to make a yogurt popsicle type thing, and then insert it like a tampon... Amazing relief, and it would cure it lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I've had it for about 11yrs ago.I am sick of it.Try a yogurt douche that's what my OBGYN recommended last time I was in.There is also sone things at the store I have been taking .

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I get it sometimes when I get my period, and sometimes it just goes away on it's own. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried a probiotic? Maybe something in your system is off?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I had it after I had my son. I used a tampon too soon. Anyway, I went to the dr, he gave me something and it went away within a few days. Never saw it again. ??? I didn't know you could be stuck with it for a long time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)