Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please don't bash- I fell on hard times, advice please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies
1 mom liked this
Please no bashing , I'm really upset . I have a question about eviction in an apartment .

Rent is due the 1st-5th, I was unable to pay rent In jan. ( I've never been late before or anything) I was suppose to get some money back on feb. 15th, so I was planning on paying jan & February's rent on the 15th plus the additional $200 late fee. My husband spoke to the landlord and she said she had to start the process of eviction on the 10th of every month for those that didn't pay. She told us not to worry because it takes a few months to get everything done and finalized before being evicted .

It has been on my mind all month, I'm more stressed than I can describe , my head feels like it could explode. So I googled eviction and it says it doesn't take long to process. Now I'm really worried .

Do you know anyone or have you ever been evicted? How long did it take , what was the process? I haven't gotten anything in the mail or delivered to my door.

Like I said please no bashing, we fell on hard times in December and where unable to pay jan. rent- I'm not here complaining I'm asking for advice. I do not want to be ripped to shreds I just want advice .
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM

No we haven't ever been evicted. Maybe she said it would take a while b/c she's giving you guys a while since you've been good tenants. Hugs and good luck.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM

They will give you a formal notice.

SunshineBird
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

From what I understand it takes 3 months. I don't know if that changes from state to state but if you have the money by the 15th you should be good. I hope your finances straighten out soon! I've been where you are before minus the assurance of money coming in.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say that if you are worried, call your landlord again just to make sure everything is ok still.

sweetmelissa777
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM
My friend is a propery manager here in California. She said it varies in states, but here the whole process takes 3 months. Good luck girl! I hope it works out for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Thanks. I hope so , I think she understands our situation. I'm so upset today though, I haven't slept good in a while . It's on my mind. I always have everything paid on time. But then you got an electric bill, gas and diapers

Quoting littlesippycup:

No we haven't ever been evicted. Maybe she said it would take a while b/c she's giving you guys a while since you've been good tenants. Hugs and good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Thanks , whenever I get the money on the 15th I know it will be enough to cover it . I just have to wait untill then.

Quoting SunshineBird:

From what I understand it takes 3 months. I don't know if that changes from state to state but if you have the money by the 15th you should be good. I hope your finances straighten out soon! I've been where you are before minus the assurance of money coming in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Thank you, I'm in NC . My landlord said it would take a whole , and to pay as soon as we could .

Quoting sweetmelissa777:

My friend is a propery manager here in California. She said it varies in states, but here the whole process takes 3 months. Good luck girl! I hope it works out for you.

SterlingHeart
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM

your best bet is to notify your landlord of your intent to pay and when and pray they are kind because you have a good history 

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I can imagine how stressed you must be =( I hope things work out for y'all soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. I hope so , I think she understands our situation. I'm so upset today though, I haven't slept good in a while . It's on my mind. I always have everything paid on time. But then you got an electric bill, gas and diapers

Quoting littlesippycup:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)