Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Lately, I have been eating basically nothing. It is worse when I am at home all day, versus being out and about and stopping by a cafe for a snack. Yesterday all I ate was a piece of whole grain toast with butter and jam, and a cup of tea. Literally. I went my entire day not being hungry, and didn't realize, until I was falling asleep that I hadn't eaten anything. 

I don't intentionally starve myself. Idk what to do, other than force myself to eat.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
missdebb1969
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM
How long has this been going on and what is going on in your life....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gabby416
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I'm the same way.  I've been eating a little better only because my DF nags me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I've always been that way. The majority of days I just never feel hungry. I get nauseous very easy so I have to be starving for anything to be appealing. I think that is why I have such an off metabolism. I can easily go a whole day and not realize that I haven't eaten.

aikimomof3
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I actually have the opposite problem, I eat and snack all the time when I am home. But I think I can help. I basically made myself a menu for the day and set alarms on my phone for meal/snack times. I don't eat anything that is not on my menu. So maybe you can do something like that. Have food prepped the night before, and set an alarm to remind you to eat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I do that to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Quoting missdebb1969:

How long has this been going on and what is going on in your life....

It's been like this for years, on and off. For a while, when I moved in with my boyfriend it got better because he tells me that I need to eat, and on top of that when I make him food, I eat whatever it is I made. But he has been in paramedic school, on top of working 48hour shifts, so I'm alone a lot.

I'm sure it has to do with stress, as well. My dad commited suicide two years ago, my grandpa just died in September, and I lost a baby in November. I think about the baby non stop, because it was going to be due on my grandpa's birthday this year. And it would have been my first, and I was so excited for the two months that I [thought] it was growing, and becoming a little piece of us (it turned out to be a blighted ovum). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:51 PM

BUMP!

missdebb1969
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Wow you really have alot going on right now. Have you thought of counseling...losing your baby had to be so difficult for you to bear. It may help..it has helped me at times in my life when my troubles were too much to bear. I would tell you you need to eat but you already know that. Ask yourself one question tho..
...why exactly arent you eating and what purpose does it serve you when you go without food...
missdebb1969
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM
If you would like to talk a little more please friend me..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)