Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

10 month old DD has her gotten her days and nights mixed up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

My 10 month old DD has her gotten her days and nights mixed up. Last week she got sick with a bad cold, and she still has it, so when she falls asleep I let her rest and sleep as long as she wants.  Usually when she naps, she would only sleep for a half hour to an hour, taking two naps a day.  But since she's not been feeling well she's been sleeping about 3-5 hours during the day.  The longer her naps are during the day, the later she wants to say up at night.  The DH, myself, and even my  MIL has been having a hard time getting to sleep or to stay a sleep at night lately.  Usually she would go to bed around 8-8:30 pm, but now she's been going to bed between 9:30-10:30 pm and will be up and down until around 3-4 am then wants to be up and stay up.  She will be wide awake, wanting to eat, be changed, and then wants to play with Mommy and Daddy.  The DH and I have no problem feeding her if she's hungry or just wants a drink or needs to be changed, but the DH has to get up at because he goes to school early in the morning then goes right to work right after he's done at school and gets home between 4:30- 6pm. Now everytime anyone trys to lay her back down, she will start to fussy, cry, or scream for someone to come back to get her.  She has been waking everyone up in the house, including the dog.  Does anyone have idea on what we can do or try?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
momof2891
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Oh goodness. Been there done that. You are going to have to start waking her up during the day. Only let her sleep an hour at most at nap time. It will take a few days and she will be very grumpy and whiny and clingy. Find anything you can to keep her playing and occupied. If she happens to doze off, let her sleep 30 minutes and then wake her up. If you do that for a few days, she will get back on a schedule and y'all can get some sleep. Good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)