Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What the heck?! Calling all cm DRs!!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 56 Replies
First off, I know, I know, you're not doctors and I need to ask my dr.

However, in the meantime, I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Last night I leaned my head down to look at something on the ground and I felt that trickling feeling in my nose like when you get a nose bleed. That's what I thought it was so I tilted my head back and went to the bathroom to get some tissue. As soon as I tilted my head back it felt like when you accidentally snort water up your nose when you jump in a pool.

So I get in the bathroom and tilt my head back down over the sink, expecting blood to drip out but instead it was just a clear, watery liquid.

Ok, so runny nose, right? No. It was not mucus-like at all. It had the consistency of water and was just dripping out. Weirdest thing ever. First thought was maybe somehow it was tears. Ya know, your tear ducts are pretty near your nasal cavity so maybe somehow something happened in there and now I have....tears....coming out of my....nose? O_o?? Idk

So I go on google, which is always a bad idea. I found a story about a girl who had the same problem and it was actual spinal fluid leaking from her nose :/. That really freaked me out. Espescially because, as some of you may know, because I have issues with my back. One of my biggest problems are my schmorles nodes. They are sharp, hook shaped bone growths on the inside of my vertibrae that poke at my spinal cord. I'm very nervous that it may have poked through. But maybe I'm thinking waaaaay too much into it. Maybe it's something simple.

Last night the dripping happened about half a dozen more times.
This morning I woke up with a wet spot about the size of a silver dollar on my pillow. Now this morning, it has been pretty constant every time I tilt my head down.

So, any input?

ETA: I do get migranes usually 3-4 times a week. I didn't think of the possibility of these issues being related.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM

NO idea, I would def go to the Doc though.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I don't know but it doesn't sound like something super concerning. I'd mention it to my doc tho.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Idk I would suggest seeing the doctor. Also not to be rude but have u considered a breast reduction?
Amy_M
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Sounds like a runny nose.

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM
It's not lol. I've suffered from allergies all my life and had plenty runny noses.

Quoting Amy_M:

Sounds like a runny nose.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Could be your sinuses clearing out. Mine has done that before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trailerrrtrash
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Idk, I thought leaking spinal fluid caused a weird taste in your mouth and other weird things.

It would freak me out, though. I'd go to the doctor. It's obviously not just a runny nose, especially if you haven't been sick or have allergies. It never hurts to get things checked out.

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM
No, I haven't. They aren't too big when I'm not nursing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk I would suggest seeing the doctor. Also not to be rude but have u considered a breast reduction?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Not to freak you out.... but I just read a story a couple months ago about a woman who had the same thing happen. She thought it was sinus problems and it turned out to be some kind of brain / spinal fluid leaking out because of a tear or something. Idk. I don't remember all the details.

**As you can see, I didn't read your whole post before replying. LOL

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

summerbear
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I have had the same thing happen to me. It feels like a noseblees, but it is water. I never knew what it was called, but I was told it was ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN