Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want to get a bunch of pregnant woman sick!!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

LOL.. I called to see about rescheduling my Midwife appt because I have a bad cold and while I feel.. okay.. functional at least... I don't like the idea of going to someplace and spreading germs or taking that risk if it is unnecessary.. the nurse called me back and said "I hear your sick, do we need to bump up your appt"  

Me "No, the other way around, I have a bad cold; fever, bad congestion, body ache.  My kids have it as well, they tested negative for the flu, but is still nasty and I don't want to come in for my appointment if I'm contagious and risk getting all the other woman sick."

Nurse laughs "well apparently your the only one who seems to care."  then she coughs and clears her through.

Me thinks the nurse already has it...lol... 

course, I put off the appt for next week, but now I realize that my Midwife is in an area getting hit hard with the flu... ugh.. I'm not touching anyone or anything when I get down there. 

but it got me thinking... if you are sick, do you reschedule other non essential appts?  I mean if your going to the doc because your sick and need medical attention, that makes sense, but if your going in for a check up, pap, ob appt, dental appt.. do you go in sick or reschedule in effort to help reduce spreading it further?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I do! I don't want to get anyone else sick, especially pregnant woman who are probably already dealing with their own pregnancy symptoms, and especially not the person in charge of sticking me with needles. lol

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I do too.

There is no need to spread it around.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I rescheduled my 34wk appt today because I have two sick kids and I didn't want to bring them around pregnant women lol. Mine is Friday when they'll be back in school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I was suppose to have my first sono and appointment yesterday but I bumped it to the 30th because I wasn't feeling well. 

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
With how long it takes to get an appt around here I have to go in but I put a mask on and wash my hands. When I take my mask off I cough in to my shoulder or a tissue.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I don't go to random regular appts no, unless it's a lingering cough (which for us seems to last FOREVER)

daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Quoting CM_Junkie:

With how long it takes to get an appt around here I have to go in but I put a mask on and wash my hands. When I take my mask off I cough in to my shoulder or a tissue.

Lucky here, it is very easy to reschedule an appt and get in the next day or the next week.  But really the population in the entire valley alone (which consists of a couple dozen towns) is less then that of most larger cities.  

daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Quoting Mama2ETA:

I don't go to random regular appts no, unless it's a lingering cough (which for us seems to last FOREVER)

My kids doc said that this cough with this cold going around is sticking around for an average of 3-5 weeks for most people... 

Anariama
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I never go anywhere when I am sick and do all I can not to make others sick.I hate being sick and I hate when people don't give a shit about others and spread their damn germs everywhere. Yes this is a passionate subject for me.:p

Mama2ETA
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM

yeah, my son is in his second round of it. He's home today from school. Im sick of this getting sick crap! I will be going to get them more of their probiotics tonight once my dh is home. They ran out a while ago, and I have failed to go get more. Their immune systems were like super strength when they were on them.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting Mama2ETA:

My kids doc said that this cough with this cold going around is sticking around for an average of 3-5 weeks for most people... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN