Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i just got denied unemployment AND snap. fml

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Today is my first day out of the military and i haven't been able to find a job yet. My dh is also in, so we're surviving on just his base pay for a family of 5.
Why is it that my loser exdh can get unemployment for the majority of 4 years on and off, but i serve my country for 4 years and i get denied while I'm ACTUALLY looking for work? Why is it that everyone else qualifies in the army for foodstamps, but the only time i actually need them, i get shut down?! Why OS out so easy for people to abuse the system, but when someone needs them, they can't get the help they need?
/vent
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

After BAH, BAS and base pay, why the heck would you need PA?!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM
My contract ended. If you ets, you're allowed unemployment. Everyone else i know who got out is entitled to it.
I know how military pay works, that was my mos. We don't get bah because we live on post,.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

It goes by his rank for 1 if you were discharged by your choosing then you wouldn't qualify to begin with. You get money to live off base and ay nothing on it. So pretty much your car bills and so forth they don't count as bills going out.

CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Not sure on the unemployment but for food stamps they use you entire income up to two months prior to job changes.

Wait a couple of months and then reapply.

We did just fine on only my husband's military pay with 5 then 6 children for years. Just learned how to budget well.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no idea. I have been trying to call them all morning since i got denied online and i stay on hold for a half hour, then it dumps my call. it just told me i didn't qualify and gave me the number to call. I'm just going to their office tomorrow after i drop ds off at school. I'm so frustrated.

Quoting Diatech12:

why didnt you qualify. Dh thought he didnt at first but you HAVE to send in your dd-214 even though they state it as an "option" on the website.

oh and we dont qualify for ANY sort of pa either. 

what rank is your dh, we survived just fine on his pay at a low rank.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Quoting jakesmom323:

I hate hearing this about veterans and hate how the system is set up. I don't understand how people that don't deserve it do, and the ones that really need it can't. Upsetting:( Sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Idk about the rest, but I don't think anyone gets unemployment the first day they start looking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Did they?? I wouldn't mind working there until I start school in the fall.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I know it's not the best job but Wal-Mart pledged to hire any vets. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Then good gosh, if you live on base you should have no problem making ends meet. Housing and insurance is covered. Cars, food, cable, phones? Have you cut back?

Quoting Anonymous:

My contract ended. If you ets, you're allowed unemployment. Everyone else i know who got out is entitled to it.

I know how military pay works, that was my mos. We don't get bah because we live on post,.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

It goes by his rank for 1 if you were discharged by your choosing then you wouldn't qualify to begin with. You get money to live off base and ay nothing on it. So pretty much your car bills and so forth they don't count as bills going out.

areles
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
i think the better question here is why do our military members get paid so little they have to apply for public assistance in the first place?

though i guess it's all tax dollars... but still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank Obama

Kindly explain why it is his fault, in detail.

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM

The reason is because people have to unemployed at no fault of their own (fired or laid off), technically, it is your fault you are unemployed because you could have chosen to reenlist and you didn't. This has nothing to do with Obama either, it's always been that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)