Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i just got denied unemployment AND snap. fml

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Today is my first day out of the military and i haven't been able to find a job yet. My dh is also in, so we're surviving on just his base pay for a family of 5.
Why is it that my loser exdh can get unemployment for the majority of 4 years on and off, but i serve my country for 4 years and i get denied while I'm ACTUALLY looking for work? Why is it that everyone else qualifies in the army for foodstamps, but the only time i actually need them, i get shut down?! Why OS out so easy for people to abuse the system, but when someone needs them, they can't get the help they need?
/vent
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Replies (231-232):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Actually, this post is old. I got both taken care of and i do receive unemployment and snap now. I just had to bring in additional paperwork.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

This. And with bah you should have more than enough.

Bah here is almost what I get in disability each month.

Anyhoo, my friend is getting unemployment from the marines for medical termination with re4 enlistment.

You simply make too much. Downsize, learn to live on normal people standards, not a nearly completely government subsidized life.

By the way im at fort Campbell. .. don't quote me and try to tell me otherwise. I see this shit every minute of every day.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

It goes by his rank for 1 if you were discharged by your choosing then you wouldn't qualify to begin with. You get money to live off base and ay nothing on it. So pretty much your car bills and so forth they don't count as bills going out.

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I got denied for unemployment the first time when I came back from IET. Everyone I know did. They have issues processing your 214. Resubmit everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)