Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A SHOOTING JUST HAPPENED A FEW MINUTES AGO AT MY SCHOOL!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM
  • 72 Replies
4 moms liked this

I just turned on channel two. I was watching a cable channel, then my soap was about to come on so I switched the channel and there's a special report. They were talking about a school shooting. I admit my first reaction was, "OH no! Not ANOTHER one!" Then I saw that it was Lone Star Community College. That's the college I went to! It's not even far from my home.

I don't know yet how many people have been injured or shot, but they just caught one suspect and one is still supposedly on the loose. WTF is this world coming to! This seems to happen somewhere every freaking week! What, people see this on the news, and they think, "Cool! I think I'll do that too!" ???

What needs to happen is the news shows need to stop making these lunatics famous. That's why they do it. They see how famous other people have gotten from this, and don't care if it's negative attention or positive, they just crave that same national attention so they go copycat so they can be splashed over the news too. I say, do NOT even tell us or show us the person who did it. I don't want to hear or know his name or his face. Maybe then this will stop being such a trend.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2891
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I seriously think that's what these quacks that do school shootings think... "Gee that looks like fun... I think I will do it too so I can get a lot of news coverage..." I don't know what else to think about it. People that do stuff like that seriously have a screw loose in their head!

Quoting loisl25:

I just turned on channel two. I was watching a cable channel, then my soap was about to come on so I switched the channel and there's a special report. They were talking about a school shooting. I admit my first reaction was, "OH no! Not ANOTHER one!" Then I saw that it was Lone Star Community College. That's the college I went to! It's not even far from my home.

I don't know yet how many people have been injured or shot, but they just caught one suspect and one is still supposedly on the loose. WTF is this world coming to! This seems to happen somewhere every freaking week! What, people see this on the news, and they think, "Cool! I think I'll do that too!" ???

What needs to happen is the news shows need to stop making these lunatics famous. That's why they do it. They see how famous other people have gotten from this, and don't care if it's negative attention or positive, they just crave that same national attention so they go copycat so they can be splashed over the news too. I say, do NOT even tell us or show us the person who did it. I don't want to hear or know his name or his face. Maybe then this will stop being such a trend.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM

lol i just posted if all the Houston mamas had family there .

sampson200
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this

:(

I agree with your last paragraph, OP.

They need to stop sensationalizing these crazies on television.

loisl25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I know I just saw it. You posted it right after I posted this.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

3Aces2012.
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM
2 guys were fighting and trying to shoot each other not everyone in the school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Glad you were not there :)

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

loisl25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I know. Everyone knows Dylan Klebold and Adam Lanza's name, and imo, they shouldn't. They don't deserve that kind of notoriety. They got what they wanted.

Quoting sampson200:

:(

I agree with your last paragraph, OP.

They need to stop sensationalizing these crazies on television.

April620
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM
5 moms liked this
I think they need to go back to doing public hangings... Maybe the criminals would stop if they were actually afraid of the consequences.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loisl25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, me too. I was about to try to call a friend of mine who I know goes there, but then I remembered she told me that on Mondays and Teusdays she works.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Glad you were not there :)

Quoting loisl25:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

loisl25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

MULTIPLE people were shot.

Quoting 3Aces2012.:

2 guys were fighting and trying to shoot each other not everyone in the school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN