Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this upset you? *Added*

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you be upset by the scenario written below?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (because there always is, isn't there?)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 196

View Results

You are having your second baby. This time around, you are having a boy (first child was a girl). So, you labour and give birth, then send your DH to call the close family and friends. He does this. Suddenly, your phone is dinging texts of congratulations from FaceBook. You check FB and notice that your Mother has posted about the birth of your son, his name, his weight and height measurements, and his time of birth... before you were even moved to the ward rooms... before you even had a chance to post it yourself. You had no reason to suspect that she would because she didn't do this with your daughter. Would that make you upset?

Added:

I'm no longer upset over this but I do still hold the same feelings about the situation. I just wanted to see how other people would feel, given the same situation. We hadn't told anyone about the sex of our baby, or what the name was going to be. My mother had a lot of my friends on her FB because she either liked to keep tabs on me or wanted to be the "cool" mom that is besties with her daughter. I wasn't traumatized or exhausted or too busy after the birth to post for myself, either. It was my news to share. He was my baby. That was something that I would have liked to have done, as the parent. Yes, she was excited, I suppose, but why not say, "Yay! Baby arrived!"? I mean, she hadn't even seen him yet and she posted all of his stats.

Doesn't matter:) I am over it, I just wanted to see how others would feel on the matter and explain, maybe, why I felt the way I did.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM

But, knowing me, I'd make hubby hold the baby so I could post it! Lol

Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM
No and I'm barely on fb so it would've been awhile before I posted anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I posted "other" because there wasn't facebook around when I had my kids....but I was a mom who posted about my first grandchild before my daughter did.  I didn't intend to overstep her...I was just so excited and had so many friends who were anxious to hear.  She didn't seem bothered by it as we have different friends, but we do have a few similar family.  

Now I wonder if she was bothered as I was not intending to be insensitive.

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

This gave me a good LOL.....Thanks :0)

Quoting .Nobody.:

You shoulda posted to Facebook the moment your kid came flying out of the womb. Ya snooze ya lose.

Lol jk.

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
The last thing on myind after I have a baby is posting it on facebook. I would think she did me a favor by doing it for me while I relax.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM

No. It's such a petty thing to get upset about.

CafeMom Tickers
workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM

no. not at all. 

Kitschy

No. Not even a little. After each child the last thing on my mind was posting about it on FB. I would have been happy that someone else did it for me.

Thibmom
1 mom liked this
Yes, I'd be upset. Matter of fact, you just reminded me to tell our mothers not to post the news until after we do. I understand the excitement, but my husband or I want to be the first to share it. Plus, we haven't announced our baby's name yet. We are waiting to do that when we announce her birth. If anyone else shares that before us, I'll be pretty upset.
TheLooneyBinMum
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM
No I wouldnt
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)