Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this upset you? *Added*

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you be upset by the scenario written below?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (because there always is, isn't there?)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 196

View Results

You are having your second baby. This time around, you are having a boy (first child was a girl). So, you labour and give birth, then send your DH to call the close family and friends. He does this. Suddenly, your phone is dinging texts of congratulations from FaceBook. You check FB and notice that your Mother has posted about the birth of your son, his name, his weight and height measurements, and his time of birth... before you were even moved to the ward rooms... before you even had a chance to post it yourself. You had no reason to suspect that she would because she didn't do this with your daughter. Would that make you upset?

Added:

I'm no longer upset over this but I do still hold the same feelings about the situation. I just wanted to see how other people would feel, given the same situation. We hadn't told anyone about the sex of our baby, or what the name was going to be. My mother had a lot of my friends on her FB because she either liked to keep tabs on me or wanted to be the "cool" mom that is besties with her daughter. I wasn't traumatized or exhausted or too busy after the birth to post for myself, either. It was my news to share. He was my baby. That was something that I would have liked to have done, as the parent. Yes, she was excited, I suppose, but why not say, "Yay! Baby arrived!"? I mean, she hadn't even seen him yet and she posted all of his stats.

Doesn't matter:) I am over it, I just wanted to see how others would feel on the matter and explain, maybe, why I felt the way I did.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Replies (31-40):
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I had better things to do.... like take care of baby. My sister posted for the world when the last one was born. I didn't have a FB with the older two. She was an excited Auntie that couldn't wait to tell everyone her new nephew was born. :) I see nothing wrong.

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM

shes just excite to be a grandma again

Anariama
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Um Facebook would be the last thing on my mind after a watermelon coming out of my vagina...

terpmama
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I would only be upset if we had specifically asked her not to do so

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Meh, I was too busy throwing up and having nurses trying to help me than post on Facebook about a birth. It wouldn't bother me either way.
woodswalker
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:01 PM

No I wouldnt be upset. 

karraselle
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM

this

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

No, she is just a happy grandma sharing the news

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

it wasn't really her news to break.  kinda glad facebook wasn't too popular when my kids were born because I can just see my mom doing this.  hell, she tried to barge into the surgical recovery room for goodness sake.  my husband was not amused.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Me exactly. That happened to me after giving birth three times. I never thought to find out why. Did you find out why you were throwing up after giving birth? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh, I was too busy throwing up and having nurses trying to help me than post on Facebook about a birth. It wouldn't bother me either way.

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I wouldn't be simply because I don't have a FB page

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured