Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this upset you? *Added*

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you be upset by the scenario written below?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (because there always is, isn't there?)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 196

View Results

You are having your second baby. This time around, you are having a boy (first child was a girl). So, you labour and give birth, then send your DH to call the close family and friends. He does this. Suddenly, your phone is dinging texts of congratulations from FaceBook. You check FB and notice that your Mother has posted about the birth of your son, his name, his weight and height measurements, and his time of birth... before you were even moved to the ward rooms... before you even had a chance to post it yourself. You had no reason to suspect that she would because she didn't do this with your daughter. Would that make you upset?

Added:

I'm no longer upset over this but I do still hold the same feelings about the situation. I just wanted to see how other people would feel, given the same situation. We hadn't told anyone about the sex of our baby, or what the name was going to be. My mother had a lot of my friends on her FB because she either liked to keep tabs on me or wanted to be the "cool" mom that is besties with her daughter. I wasn't traumatized or exhausted or too busy after the birth to post for myself, either. It was my news to share. He was my baby. That was something that I would have liked to have done, as the parent. Yes, she was excited, I suppose, but why not say, "Yay! Baby arrived!"? I mean, she hadn't even seen him yet and she posted all of his stats.

Doesn't matter:) I am over it, I just wanted to see how others would feel on the matter and explain, maybe, why I felt the way I did.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Replies (81-90):
Bird16_J
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I would've put a foot up her ass. NOT cool! I feel that's MY news to share! Thankfully my mom waited for me to post things before she started posting. Once I did it I was fine with her doing it and posting different things and pics that she took

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM
You're accusing her of being mad about "stupid shit." It isn't stupid because those are her true feelings. Who are YOU to say it's stupid? That's a complete disregard for her feelings. Just because it wouldn't be a big deal to you, does NOT mean it's stupid shit if someone else is upset about it. Do you get that? If you were upset about something that someone else wasn't bothered by, how would feel if someone just decided it was stupid because they said so and were rude about YOUR feelings? I can't believe how rude some of the women on here are.....

Quoting Acid:

Point out exactly where, in my post, did I say I didn't care.

I won't wait because I didn't say it.  I said PEOPLE get their tightie whities in a knot over dumb shit. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why can't she show she's a proud grandma after the mother of the baby makes the official announcement? It's called respect. Once again, another mom on here saying the OP's feelings are stupid just because they wouldn't be upset. If you wouldn't care then fine, but don't tell another mom that it's stupid for them to care just because you don't!

Quoting Acid:

Heaven Forbid she be proud and happy to be a Grandma.

Be happy your children have involved Grandparents.

Holy Shit people get their tightie whities in knots over the dumbest, stupidest, shit.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Oostera
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Right? That's exactly my point. I didn't care if she posted anything AFTER I got the chance to announce it, but I wasn't given the chance.

Quoting Bird16_J:

I would've put a foot up her ass. NOT cool! I feel that's MY news to share! Thankfully my mom waited for me to post things before she started posting. Once I did it I was fine with her doing it and posting different things and pics that she took

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM

i wouldnt be upsrt i did the same thing when my nephew was born i just tagged her in it lol.

Bird16_J
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Exactly! Once I was able to post some stuff (well hubby did it for me when he came home! Hospital didn't have wifi can you believe that?! lol) then my mom posted pictures and the kind of thing that didn't bother me. Now had she done it before me then I would've said something! And yes definitely YOUR news to share and NOT hers!!! She was a total ass for doing that to you guys!

Quoting Oostera:

Right? That's exactly my point. I didn't care if she posted anything AFTER I got the chance to announce it, but I wasn't given the chance.

Quoting Bird16_J:

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I think she was just overly excited!  I'm guessing you didn't speak with her about not doing this prior to giving birth, if you had and she still did it, then you would have the right to be mad. But as a Grandma myself I can see me doing this if I wasn't asked not to before hand.  Anyways......Congratulations on your baby! 

2cadifference
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Wouldn't have bothered me in the least. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Both of mine were csections. It's a reaction to the epidurals for me. I don't do well with anesthesia or pain killers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Me exactly. That happened to me after giving birth three times. I never thought to find out why. Did you find out why you were throwing up after giving birth? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh, I was too busy throwing up and having nurses trying to help me than post on Facebook about a birth. It wouldn't bother me either way.

happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Yes, but I absolutely hate people in my business.  Truthfully I'm the type that probably would have announced the news and let my mom find out via Facebook!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I got upset at my mil because she posted a picture on Facebook before I even got out of recovery.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)