Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this upset you? *Added*

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you be upset by the scenario written below?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (because there always is, isn't there?)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 196

View Results

You are having your second baby. This time around, you are having a boy (first child was a girl). So, you labour and give birth, then send your DH to call the close family and friends. He does this. Suddenly, your phone is dinging texts of congratulations from FaceBook. You check FB and notice that your Mother has posted about the birth of your son, his name, his weight and height measurements, and his time of birth... before you were even moved to the ward rooms... before you even had a chance to post it yourself. You had no reason to suspect that she would because she didn't do this with your daughter. Would that make you upset?

Added:

I'm no longer upset over this but I do still hold the same feelings about the situation. I just wanted to see how other people would feel, given the same situation. We hadn't told anyone about the sex of our baby, or what the name was going to be. My mother had a lot of my friends on her FB because she either liked to keep tabs on me or wanted to be the "cool" mom that is besties with her daughter. I wasn't traumatized or exhausted or too busy after the birth to post for myself, either. It was my news to share. He was my baby. That was something that I would have liked to have done, as the parent. Yes, she was excited, I suppose, but why not say, "Yay! Baby arrived!"? I mean, she hadn't even seen him yet and she posted all of his stats.

Doesn't matter:) I am over it, I just wanted to see how others would feel on the matter and explain, maybe, why I felt the way I did.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Replies (91-100):
bkwrmem
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM

not really its what my mom did for my second when he was born, we don't share all the same friends and i didn't care i posted it again later. she was just happy and had to share with everyone info on her new grand baby

kenziewenzie
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I think you are overreacting. I see your point but I don't think she meant any harm.

YuppyMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Wow.  My initial two thoughts.  1. Grow up.  2.  You must have a crummy relationship with your mom.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Would not upset me. I don't get that emotionally involved in stuff like that.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Hahahaha! Wow, what a speech!

Quite a few spelling and grammatical errors for someone who likes to judge people's brain sizes. LOL

First, I never said she was stupid. What she is upset about is stupid.

And just like she is entitled to feel gypped over something ridiculous and petty, I am entitled to think her feelings are fucking stupid (and actually pretty selfish).

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not just say you disagree, rather than trying to make her feel wrong for having her feelings? It's extremely rude to disregard someone's feelings just beause YOU wouldn't care. So because you wouldn't care, it means she can't, otherwise she's stupid for caring? Come on.. Do you want your child to speak to someone like that? You even had to throw the f bomb in their like an immature teenager. She's upset because it was her announcement to make. Even if you wouldn't be upset, if you can't at least comprehend why she might feel a little jipped, then your brain must be pea sized.

Quoting danie24:

Upset that my mom shared the news?

What a stupid fucking thing to be upset over LOL

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Would not upset me. I don't get that emotionally involved in stuff like that.

I agree.

You just had a baby, for Christ's sake. You're spending your energy whining and feeling sorry for yourself because you didn't get to post it on Facebook first when you could be looking into your baby's beautiful eyes and bonding and enjoying the moments.

So silly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I accidentally put the wrong form of there. I hardly call that quite a few spelling and grammatical errors. Way to exaggerate. Anyway, my point still stands. Don't tell someone what they're upset about is stupid. Say you wouldn't be upset and move on, but no need to insult their feelings. Her feelings are not stupid just because they differ from yours. There's no need to be so rude.

Quoting danie24:

Hahahaha! Wow, what a speech!

Quite a few spelling and grammatical errors for someone who likes to judge people's brain sizes. LOL

First, I never said she was stupid. What she is upset about is stupid.

And just like she is entitled to feel gypped over something ridiculous and petty, I am entitled to think her feelings are fucking stupid (and actually pretty selfish).

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not just say you disagree, rather than trying to make her feel wrong for having her feelings? It's extremely rude to disregard someone's feelings just beause YOU wouldn't care. So because you wouldn't care, it means she can't, otherwise she's stupid for caring? Come on.. Do you want your child to speak to someone like that? You even had to throw the f bomb in their like an immature teenager. She's upset because it was her announcement to make. Even if you wouldn't be upset, if you can't at least comprehend why she might feel a little jipped, then your brain must be pea sized.

Quoting danie24:

Upset that my mom shared the news?

What a stupid fucking thing to be upset over LOL

WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I'd be pissed. It was your news to share, hers too but AFTER you shared it. :o( 

ShesALady
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I don't get on Facebook really so I wouldn't care. I would care if someone put up I was pregnant before I told everyone i wanted to personally though. That's why I made sure to tell certain people not to put it on Facebook yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ollie123
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM

No I wouldn't be upset. I would be happy that my mom took care of it. One less thing for me to worry about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN