Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fake tattoos are bad!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

How exactly?

I have never heard anything negative about fake tattoos that children play with, until I joined this site.

I'm just curious how people think they're bad for kids.

My brothers and I played with them, and all 22 of my cousins played with them as kids, and out of everyone, only one of my brothers and I have tattoos...

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrs.Martinez201
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I played with them a little.... I'm INKED!!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I've never heard anyone say the are bad. I use to love those and my 2 yo has had them a few times. I currently have one tattoo for my grandmother but I have always loved them and plan on getting my for my kids.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I played with them, my kids now play with them. I have no ink. They are fun. My mother hated them and still does. I had to set her to rights once. My middle dd then 4, went to her and showed her a butterfly she had on her arm. My mother told her "it's ugly nd it makes your arm ugly".  My dd cried.  I told my mom you don't have to like it but telling her any part of her is ugly is not acceptable in my house.   My mom said I am just saying what I think. I don't have to like it. I said no you don't but you can be nice and say thanks for showing me, I like butterflies without telling her any part of her body is ugly. She said if I can't say what I want, I will go home. I said there is the door. She went home. She got over it but I will not let anyone speak to my child the way she did. She said it mean, not in a matter of fact way.  

ETA: My mother hates them, even when we were kids, we hid them under our sleeves it we put one on.

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I remember when I was in school, people were giving kids fake tattoos that supposedly were like lsd and had hallucinogenics in the ink.  Maybe they're talking about that kind of tattoo?  I've never seen anything on CM about fake tattoos before.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I dont think there is any correlation between fake tats as a child and real tats on adults. I dont love fake tattoos but I dont mind them ocassionally for my kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM

They arent "bad" but I see no difference in letting your child mark all over theirselves and going out in public. Especially when they are tasteless like a tramp stamp on an 8 year old, or a fading spider man on a boys cheek.. it really depends on where and what it is.

atyou
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM
My kids love fake tattoos.

Love them.
vwd_johnson
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I'm sure its the same people who are against real tattoos.

I love the fake & real ones :) lol. Me & DH both have them.

I wont put them on my son though if we're doing a certain thing soon though. Like someones birthday party or holiday. Just cause I dont want him to look trashy with some half faded fake tattoo.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured