Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spacing out children

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 32 Replies
Do you have kids that are less than 2 years apart? Do you regret having them that close? How old are they now?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are just over 2 years apart, by one month and one day lol. I like having them this close together, especially since we do not plan on having any more children. My oldest is 2 (turning 3 in April) and my youngest is 8 months. 

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM

my last 2 are 17 months apart and while the last wasnt planned I am glad he is here and we have had a great time with them being closer in age. They are 1 grade apart and have a similar group of friends. They are now 13 and 14 older will be 15 next week. One of my SS has kids 11 months apart. We were older having our kids so we needed to git r done and SS and wife were too young not using and control.

CjEmmemommy
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Mine are 1 month and 1 day apart too:)) Jun 11 and jul 12:)

Now they are 6.5 and 4.5 and fight like cats and dogs!!! 

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

My kids are just over 2 years apart, by one month and one day lol. I like having them this close together, especially since we do not plan on having any more children. My oldest is 2 (turning 3 in April) and my youngest is 8 months. 

tifbrown
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My girls are 16 months apart. They are 3 and 4 now. I love that they are close in age. Don't get me wrong, two in diapers and not sleeping through the night at the same time was hard, but now it's just a distant memory haha. They play so well together and will graduate one after the other. I enjoy it now, but I'm sure the teen years will be a whole other story haha.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM
My boys are 18 months apart. They are 2 and 10 months and so far I love the age difference.

Me and my sister 2 years apart and i love it we have always been close.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
garnet83
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Yes. 16 months apart. 3 and 4. Don't do it.

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Mine are April 25th and May 24th. Boy and a girl. I'm sure I've got a lot of fights ahead of me. 

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Mine are 1 month and 1 day apart too:)) Jun 11 and jul 12:)

Now they are 6.5 and 4.5 and fight like cats and dogs!!! 

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM

My olest son was 15 months old when we had the twins.  (they were 11 weeks early) It was rough, but it is nice in a way, they always have someone to play with. They are 6,5 and 5 now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM

2 posts?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM

My cousin barely waited till she was 6 weeks to start trying for another kid. She got pregnant when her oldest was 7 months. She told me I should have another right away, so I can potty train them at the same time.....like she did....because somehow its better. I don't think so. I think it put a lot of stress on her marriage, because she is now divorced, and he kids fight ALL the time. I have brothers, and I fought with the one 2 years older than me all the time, and the ones that were 5 and 9 years older than me, I get along with great, and they helped raise me. I think 4 years apart is a good spacing because then they'll start going to school, and you can give the second a lot of attention. Having them close together like she did, neither of her kids got her individual attention for long enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured