Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just got a call from the principal....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
....because my 2nd grader threatened a classmate!! He said "...I'm going to call my stepdad and he's going to come shoot you and cut you..." He's NEVER said anything like this before! I'm going completely shocked and saddened that he could even THINK something like this, let alone SAY it! I'm going to pick him up in a few minutes & you can bet he'll be getting an earful from me, more when his stepdad gets home from work, plus a hefty punishment. He needs to understand the seriousness & magnitude of what happened. I'd appreciate any helpful suggestions. If you've got any nasty or demeaning comments to add, go ahead & keep them to yourself please.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Talk to the counselor?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Wow, maybe he heard it somewhere? Did the teacher seem to think you were to blame for him saying something like that?
CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Ask him why he said it in the first place then explain why we don't say things like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Hugs.

Get to the bottom of where he learned that first. Did he learn it from TV? Did another student say something similar?

Then explain to him that what he said was wrong. While he is young, perhaps it's time to show him the magnitude of what those words can turn into. So he knows that it is serious and not something to joke around with.

Obviously I wouldn't say to beat him, I don't believe in it, but he should definitely lose privileges for a long time over this.

ksueditz
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Do you know what made him so angry? Was he being teased or harmed?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:33 PM
3 moms liked this

He's a second grader. I would talk to him and explain to him why he can't say those things. But at that age he is just reacting, he doesn't realize all the craziness in the world. He obviously knows his step dad will protect him. What did the other child do for him to say that?

Meglet1970
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Talk calmly to him first and find out his side of the story.  Make sure that it is not a he said, he said type of situation.  Of course, if an adult overheard him say that, then go ahead with the earful. 

the4mutts
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Sounds like he needs a talking to of course, but it also sounds like someone has been picking on that poor boy! I cant see a 2nd grader just popping off like that for no reason
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM

It sounds like your 2nd grade son was getting defensive over something and was using his "Step dad" as the threat...HE wasn't threatening them per se...but saying his Step dad was going to do these things.

There is more going on with this picture.  Maybe you are letting the Stepdad have too much influence with attitude that your son would think his SD would hurt people.

I'd be seeking outside help....and good for you for not sweeping this under the rug like many parents will.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Wow... That's some pent up aggression right there... Does he normally bottle up his feelings?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN