Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Proud of yourself??? Why???

Posted by   + Show Post

Did my nails last night -- was a manicurist from 1988 - 1995 / still do  my own and friends and my daughter's on occasion --  well i re-did my own last night with a pink and white layover my natural nails correcting the shape so they are square.....  here is my work 

so love how they turned out and so love that i can still pull this off LOL 

here is my daughter's i did over the weekend 

What do you do that just makes you happy and proud of yourself????  

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Replies (91-98):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM

omg... I have a phobia of long nails.  eek!

shylynn22
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Well obviously you are doing really well! I have taught my dd Spanish. And hope my new dd will learn it.

Quoting GwenGray:

Oh you will. Just work hard. I have had to slow down a bit on learning lanugages because of having kids. But I'm still trying. 

Quoting shylynn22:

Wow! You do know a lot! That is amazing! I hope to get there eventually.

Quoting GwenGray:

I know Japanese (Katikana and Kanji), German, and ASL. I'm learning Hebrew, French and Spanish. 

Quoting shylynn22:

I can speak Spanish and am learning French and Japanese. I learned Spanish from dh and the others, I am teaching myself.

Quoting GwenGray:

I know several languages too! Which ones do you know? Did you teach your self or go to school?

Quoting shylynn22:

Oh and I guess I'm proud of myself for leaning languages, and for learning how to cook. Lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Love060708kids
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Nice!!  Wow, I don't even know what to ask ;) LOL

Quoting arimaur:

biomedical science

Quoting Love060708kids:

Thanks so much!  What's your degree in?

Quoting arimaur:

nice.  it was tough for me to achieve my degree before having my monkeys, kudos to you with kiddos.  good luck! :)

Quoting Love060708kids:

:)

Bachelor's in Technical Management with an emphasis in Health Services Management.  (Job purposes mainly).

I plan to go back to school for my Masters in School Psychology and go onto my Doctorate, not sure the concentration yet.

Quoting arimaur:

same here!  i feel like cleaning my house with my kids around is like brushing my teeth and eating oreos at the same time.  way to go on your degree, what is your area of study?

Quoting Love060708kids:

Cute!!

I'm almost done with my bachelor's degree.

I'm proud of myself when my house is clean. LOL

GwenGray
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I started my oldest really young with Russian. I'm kinda rusty with it now though. But I still keep with it. I use it with my youngest too. Mainly just commands like "no, yes, good boy, I love you, etc" They will learn quick!! Your girls will have a wonderful advantage growing up!

Quoting shylynn22:

Well obviously you are doing really well! I have taught my dd Spanish. And hope my new dd will learn it.

Quoting GwenGray:

Oh you will. Just work hard. I have had to slow down a bit on learning lanugages because of having kids. But I'm still trying. 

Quoting shylynn22:

Quoting GwenGray:

I know Japanese (Katikana and Kanji), German, and ASL. I'm learning Hebrew, French and Spanish. 

Quoting shylynn22:

I can speak Spanish and am learning French and Japanese. I learned Spanish from dh and the others, I am teaching myself.

Quoting GwenGray:

I know several languages too! Which ones do you know? Did you teach your self or go to school?

Quoting shylynn22:

Oh and I guess I'm proud of myself for leaning languages, and for learning how to cook. Lol

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I'm proud of myself because I am extremely comfortable working with and assisting one of the most difficult medics I've ever met.

He is so impressed with my work he asked me to consider riding with his ambulance. It blows my mind since he doesn't hire basic EMT's.
shylynn22
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM
That's why I did it! Better paying jobs I hope! Your kids speak Russian? I don't even know one word!

Quoting GwenGray:

I started my oldest really young with Russian. I'm kinda rusty with it now though. But I still keep with it. I use it with my youngest too. Mainly just commands like "no, yes, good boy, I love you, etc" They will learn quick!! Your girls will have a wonderful advantage growing up!

Quoting shylynn22:

Quoting GwenGray:

Quoting shylynn22:

Quoting GwenGray:

Quoting shylynn22:

Quoting GwenGray:

Quoting shylynn22:

GwenGray
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I guess I didn't include that language. Yeah they do, I grew up with it along with English. 

Quoting shylynn22:

That's why I did it! Better paying jobs I hope! Your kids speak Russian? I don't even know one word!

Quoting GwenGray:

Quoting shylynn22:

Quoting GwenGray:

Quoting shylynn22:

Quoting GwenGray:

Quoting shylynn22:

Quoting GwenGray:

Quoting shylynn22:

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

taramac
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I just got a huge Ford truck three weeks ago and today I finally went through a drive thru in it. I was so scared to do it before because the truck is a beast and not easy to get around small places. I felt like such a winner leaving McDonalds, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)