Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you eat box mashed potatoes (instant)

Instead of mashed potatoes from REAL potatoes, you are just stupid. How hard is it to boil potatoes? Is the milk where you get tripped up? Salt? Pepper? BUTTER? The mixing? Point is, make your own fucking potatoes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Replies (601-610):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 95 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Stupid is bitching over someone using a much faster method for cooking potatoes (and I understand some people may have busy lives, or simply do not feel like peeling, rinsing, dicing, then boiling them soemtimes, which takes a lengthy amount of time, which is kind of...the point of them. Not that people are too stupid to know how to make real potatoes).

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Then people are morons... If they want to eat things then let them, should be no concern of anyone's... There is enough things to worry about other than if people are reading the labels and educate themselves on what they consume...

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think people are stupid but I do think many people don't read ingredient lists.  If one sees a box box of instant mashed potatoes, one would tend to assume they are just dehydrated potatoes.

I am not referring to the obvious "flavored" mashed potatoes.  Here is the list of ingredients for Hungry Jack Instant Mashed Potatoes - Ingredients:  Potato flakes (Sodium bisulfiteBHA, and Citric Acid added to protect color and flavor), contains 2% or less of: MonoglyceridesPartially hydrogenated cottonseed oilNatural flavorSodium acid pyrophosphateButteroil.

Betty Crocker Potato Bud (unflavored) has the same ingredients but with added milk solids.

I understand that there are brands that are purely potatoes but the above two are very popular brands.

Quoting JamesMom714:

Well of course... And people aren't as stupid as you think.

FYI, some brands are just dehydrated potatoes, other are flavored, all depends on what you buy... But I would think people would know the Southwest Cheddar Mashed Potatoes weren't JUST potatoes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually there are ingredients other than potatoes - sweeteners, stabilizing agents, oil, dried milk.  Check your box. 

I don't care at all what other people eat but I just wouldn't want someone thinking that Instant Potatoes is just dehydrated potato.

Quoting JamesMom714:

Boxes potatoes ARE real potatoes, just dehydrated.

Why do you care so much to judge the form their mashed potatoes went through before getting to their plate?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youllneverknow
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM
what's the difference? boxed are dehydrated potatoes aren't they?

Quoting CountryStrong84:

How? Now you can even buy the potatoes already cut up, you just microwave the bag and mash.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's easier.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aydensXmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM
We have 10 people in our house. It's just a lot of trouble to boil THAT many potatoes to feed all of us. It's cheaper to just but a box instead of buying ten pounds of potatoes every other day, because we have them with nearly every dinner. I absolutely love real potatoes. Screw peeling them, though. Our mixer is also broken, and it never crosses anyone's mind that we need one until, well, we need one.
motherof8babies
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Good for you being so judgemental. Feel good about yourself today?

CountryStrong84
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Not even half

Quoting Anonymous:

Idgaf if you do or not. My point was obviously that most of the replies are you. So, I thought it was pretty funny you tried to retort with "I know, look at the replies." A little slow today, hmm?

Quoting CountryStrong84:

And? Was I supposed to post and run?

Quoting Anonymous:

I see your purple font throughout them, arguing amongst everyone, defending your potato hating issues...

Quoting CountryStrong84:

I know, look at all the replies.

Quoting Anonymous:

The real point is....It's fucking lame for someone to be so worked up over....Potatoes. Calm your tits! I have never seen such idiotic "issues" people have until I came here. Potatoes! Gah....

Angeleyes_6
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I think they taste awful. Some things should never come out of a box.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iheartmiboys
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Even though I'm a peel, cut up and boil girl. What's wrong with the instant?? I tasted them before its ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 81 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Yes, you are absolutely right.  In my spare time I rid the planet of alien life forms and fight for peace and equality.  

Sheesh.  It's a post about instant potatoes.  I guess we could all be spending our time in a better way.

Quoting JamesMom714:

Then people are morons... If they want to eat things then let them, should be no concern of anyone's... There is enough things to worry about other than if people are reading the labels and educate themselves on what they consume...

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think people are stupid but I do think many people don't read ingredient lists.  If one sees a box box of instant mashed potatoes, one would tend to assume they are just dehydrated potatoes.

I am not referring to the obvious "flavored" mashed potatoes.  Here is the list of ingredients for Hungry Jack Instant Mashed Potatoes - Ingredients:  Potato flakes (Sodium bisulfiteBHA, and Citric Acid added to protect color and flavor), contains 2% or less of: MonoglyceridesPartially hydrogenated cottonseed oilNatural flavorSodium acid pyrophosphateButteroil.

Betty Crocker Potato Bud (unflavored) has the same ingredients but with added milk solids.

I understand that there are brands that are purely potatoes but the above two are very popular brands.

Quoting JamesMom714:

Well of course... And people aren't as stupid as you think.

FYI, some brands are just dehydrated potatoes, other are flavored, all depends on what you buy... But I would think people would know the Southwest Cheddar Mashed Potatoes weren't JUST potatoes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually there are ingredients other than potatoes - sweeteners, stabilizing agents, oil, dried milk.  Check your box. 

I don't care at all what other people eat but I just wouldn't want someone thinking that Instant Potatoes is just dehydrated potato.

Quoting JamesMom714:

Boxes potatoes ARE real potatoes, just dehydrated.

Why do you care so much to judge the form their mashed potatoes went through before getting to their plate?

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:50 PM

We prefer them better that is why we eat them.  It also is more work, peeling all the potatoes, then cutting them, boiling them, draining them, mashing them, adding butter and milk OR open a pkg, add water mix done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)