Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CPS just left my house....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
WHY?!?! because we're getting ready for a move, and my 4 yr old and DH pulled all of our summer toys out of the shed to hose off before the packers come next week. It's 40 degrees. DS is more watching than helping with the water, and is deced out in full ski gear. BUT APPARENTLY "my very small children are outside running through the sprinklers, unsupervised!?!?! Uhhh....??

The worker and officer walked up to the scene above, and commended us on keeping our home livable in the midst of a move with so many children. She DID comment on my sink full of dishes, though. She said I'm brave, that she usually busts out the paper plates in situations like this.

SOOO glad to be moving. My neighbor is a whackadoo.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Replies (51-53):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM
How sad. The officer said SHE would be on record. Hope the new remnants here have better luck!

Quoting elliem87:

Most of the calls they get are nosey neighbors. Then they get their friends to call in so you have more "reports". Glad you are doing a great job, I bet she was pissed.
gabby416
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM

haha, your welcome!

Quoting Anonymous:

Don'tcha!?! Thanks :)

Quoting gabby416:

you gotta love people like that.  Better luck with your new home and neighbors!

Quoting Anonymous:

We live in a pretty nice neighborhood, and are friends with MANY of our neighbors. Our kids play, our husbands watch the game, it's nice. This ONE woman, though. Has gone out of her way to make my life hell since the DAY we moved in, and I have NO idea why!! She has made my overall experience here so unpleasant that I'm not even too sad to e leaving my friends. I just want to be done. I'm tired. This is the FIRST time she has involved my kids, though, and it is all I can do not to give her a piece of my mind.... Or fist.. (Gosh, how classy do I sound right now!?) lol

Quoting gabby416:

Oh for the love of!  I LOVED a couple  of my neighbors dearly.  I hate living in a different town, but so glad to be out of an apartment complext, I swear to you, people called on each other left and right.  It was pathetic. Place was a damn zoo.  I will never do that again. 

cLanief
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Lmao. Yeah... when I was a kid me and my neighbor decided to get in our bathing suites and hose down a pile of dirt in my yard.... we were hosed in the front yard with freezing cold water. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Same here. They are MY kids, and if I thought it was okay that's my business. My YOUNGEST is almost 5.. So if my big kids want to go out there and act like crazies, I'm not makin' them any hot cocoa or running extra baths when they come in complaining. Lucky for me, they loath this weather, and would rather wrap in a blanket and sit over the heater vent (which I also did when I was little!) than be all wet and cold.

Quoting cLanief:

Some people... shit when I was growing up whenwe were bored we did go play in the sprinklers in the cold lol or in the ocean lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN