Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Anyone watch that Dr.Phil?? lol made me think of CM

EDIT: for those that were wondering...the show was not about sluts, it was about women being labeled "sluts" because they dress sexy.

It made me think of CM because I've seen women post sexy pics and get called a "slut" or "whore" just because of the outfit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Dam missed it! Im watching Madea lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadeAyosmom
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM

dont like him. so nope.

Kes1s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Slut shaming...  is a blatant third riech feminist redefinition of a term originally designed to describe a female who was promiscuous.  An easy lay.

If someone is an easy lay and others are taking notice...  Might be time to change your actions if you don't enjoy being known for that.  Act like a ho, get treated like a ho.

In the case of teens and tweens...  at least someone is informing them that the school or the mall is not the place to play out your Britney Spears fantasy.  There is this association that the more you show, the more personal power you have or the more 'attractive' you are.  The easiest way to be "sexy" is to show skin.

We're teaching our daughters to have the fashion sense of strippers by saying it should be unacceptable to call a slut a slut and to pretend that this is a positive set of behaviors.

There has been a movement to redefine this to mean a female who doesn't consider anything but what she wants to wear - or not wear that morning, and has been paired with rape awareness - as if rape has anything to do with whether a person is dressed to appear promiscuous. 

Continuing to tie what a woman is wearing or not wearing to rape is dangerous misinformation - even if the person doing it is being "sarcastic" or has joined a movement like the slut marches - which have absolutely nothing to do with rape.  If you happen to fit someones victim profile or are being stalked, it's not because you're "slutty" it's because for a sick reason, unfathomable to anyone but the sick person, you fit their victim profile and whether you were head to toe in gauze, you would still be at risk of being raped by that sick person. 

Sex is about attraction and desire.  Rape is about sickness and hate.  Trying to tie the two together is beyond scary.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't judge girls who sleep around it doesn't affect my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elliem87
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Love him and yes I thought that too! I wonder though do people ever come back from the PNP center?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm DVR'ing it. I ❤ Dr. Phil.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Makes me miss cable! I liked that old balding bastard!

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I only saw the clip of the girl who made the original post.  I liked her and I agree that many girls these days do dress inappropriately for their age.

ittybit2012
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

No, but I think that the reason a lot of women slut shame others over clothing are sometimes jealous because they can't pull it off.  

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I love Dr.Phil!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN