Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone please explain to me!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Today the teacher told me when I picked up my girls at 3:08 if I was late anymore I would have to pick them up in the office.
Fine except my son gets out at 2:50 clear across town. And that's just when the bell rings. By the time I'm out of the traffic it's 3 and I hall ass to the girls' school.
I have tried picking the girls up first but they get out at 2:45. The line takes 30 mins to get through if I go there first. There is over 500 kids in that school and they are little. I don't know what they want me to do. It's all one district they should stagger the release times a little
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Replies (41-48):
ksueditz
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM
How do they send the kids out of the building after school? We have an east door, West door and bus door, a teacher is responsible for each door. They are not allowed to leave their post until all children are picked up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM

*haul

kenziewenzie
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM

My husband does the same thing. When he pick the kids up he is 45 min early at the youngest school just so he can get right by the front door. They have one class per grade level at her school. Even if he parked across the street to go get her he would be in and out in 5 min too. But I tell him that it's only your time that your are using. I usually get there 5 min before school gets out.

Quoting CountYouTwice:

I get in the car rider line an hour before school lets out so I can be one of the fist few people in line. I read or play on my phone, it sucks but it is what I have to do to get everyone on time.

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM

So, pick her up in the office? If I'm late getting my son, they stick him in the office and I just walk in and get him. No big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM
There is loading lines behind the school with a pre k door, a kindergarten door and a 1st grade door. The gates to the loading lanes close and lock at 3:10 and at 8:05 in the morning

Quoting ksueditz:

How do they send the kids out of the building after school? We have an east door, West door and bus door, a teacher is responsible for each door. They are not allowed to leave their post until all children are picked up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Obviously yes you were late. She's tired (rightfully so) of waiting with your kids 25 minutes every day.

"Today the teacher told me when I picked up my girls at 3:08 if I was late anymore I would have to pick them up in the office."

Quoting Anonymous:

If I was late I would call my mom or someone ahead of time. But I am not the only one. There were 15 other cars in line at least. It's the specific teacher

Quoting kenziewenzie:

Do they not have before and after school care one of them can go to? What are your plans on bad weather days and it takes you forever to get to the other school? We have had that issue before where it has taken us 30 min.

I agree with the other posters that it really isn't the school or teachers problem. But picking up at the office really isn't that big of a deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Late by her standards not the school

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously yes you were late. She's tired (rightfully so) of waiting with your kids 25 minutes every day.

"Today the teacher told me when I picked up my girls at 3:08 if I was late anymore I would have to pick them up in the office."

Quoting Anonymous:

If I was late I would call my mom or someone ahead of time. But I am not the only one. There were 15 other cars in line at least. It's the specific teacher

Quoting kenziewenzie:

Do they not have before and after school care one of them can go to? What are your plans on bad weather days and it takes you forever to get to the other school? We have had that issue before where it has taken us 30 min.

I agree with the other posters that it really isn't the school or teachers problem. But picking up at the office really isn't that big of a deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I agree, they should stagger the time more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN