Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Valentine' s day.... Question for all the ladies:

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you expect your dh/so to buy you something for Valentine' s day? Do you buy something for them as well? I don't think I will get anything because he forgot last year . We were going through complications from my pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage . I let that one slide... but this time, I think I would be hurt if he doesn't get me a card. I want to feel special & needed as well on that day lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM

We don't celebrate Valentine's day. We feel it is over rated. We will be celebrating our 5 years old 6th birthday that day. Since she was born on Valentine's Day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM

We always celebrate. Why not!? An occasion to go out to dinner and love on each other with love letters? Yes please! I'm so happy I married a romantic :)

happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Nope....I hate Valentine's Day.  He will likely bring me a single rose and I will buy him & the kids each a small box of candy, but that is the extent of it.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM

We trade jewelry for valentines day and always go out to dinner at the same place every year. This year I'm getting a necklace from a company in Hawaii I like and she's getting a new watch, she collects them.

sithmama
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM

It's our wedding anniversary so I expect something. lol  If it wasn't, I think I would still expect something. Knowing my DH, I think he would still try to get me something or do something nice for me. 

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Yeah understandably though... we were at that point where we didn't know if I was gonna miscarry or not . The miscarriage happened on our 6 months together . 3/1/12

Quoting aphrodite7400:

yes i expect something from my husband. a flower, a card, a box of chocolates, something.  i usually get him a nice card and then he gets laid  on V day. he jokes that V day is vag day. hahahahah hes kidding

and, omg, your husband forgot?  thats crappy. sorry OP!! 

leahsmom0201
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM
I just want to go to Carrabas(sp?)!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dawnjohnson5
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Mmm, I am gonna have to get a picture first. Lol

Quoting Bluescorpia:

a picture frame with a pic of both of you....

Quoting dawnjohnson5:

I have a bf this year. I don"t expect him to buy me anything at all.

I would like to get him something, but have no clue what to get.

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM
aww how romantic =)

Quoting sithmama:

It's our wedding anniversary so I expect something. lol  If it wasn't, I think I would still expect something. Knowing my DH, I think he would still try to get me something or do something nice for me. 

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM
lucky!!!!!

Quoting wkukid:

We trade jewelry for valentines day and always go out to dinner at the same place every year. This year I'm getting a necklace from a company in Hawaii I like and she's getting a new watch, she collects them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)