Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Valentine' s day.... Question for all the ladies:

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you expect your dh/so to buy you something for Valentine' s day? Do you buy something for them as well? I don't think I will get anything because he forgot last year . We were going through complications from my pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage . I let that one slide... but this time, I think I would be hurt if he doesn't get me a card. I want to feel special & needed as well on that day lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
mommyto3bees
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM

yep and yep 

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM
lucky woman=)

Quoting Anonymous:

We always celebrate. Why not!? An occasion to go out to dinner and love on each other with love letters? Yes please! I'm so happy I married a romantic :)

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I highly doubt he'll even acknowledge it. I might buy him flowers lol
KME3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Since we always celebrate, yes,I expect something. Last year he got me this beautiful heart ring. I love it. This year we'll probably set aside some time so we can go to dinner or movies...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM

A lot of things factor into whether or not we celebrate Valentine's Day...money, schedules, whether or not we have a babysitter...

I don't ever expect anything though...I don't need anything on that specific day to know he loves me.

jellybeanjean
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM

yes and yes. Something small will do. I always get him a card and chocolates...the kind he likes. I'm preggo this V day so I might want food lol.

milmomma2006
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I don't EXPECT anything. Will I get something from him? I'm sure I will, he's a hopeless romantic. But I would never be so bold as to expect a gift, for any holiday! And yes, I will get him something but I have nmo clue what. He is such a hard person to buy for!!

garnet83
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I expect nothing. I think it's a stupid day. If you haven't convinced someone the other 364 days of the year that you love them, the one day isn't gonna convince them. I just live for the day after Vday so i can buy marked down chocolate.

Divalicious103
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM

No. We don't celebrate. I deplore the holiday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)