Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You people have ruined me

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 266 Replies
6 moms liked this

I was at the grocery store checkout today when I noticed the chick in front of me was using wic. Ok. Cool. I don't care. And then I notice that she's getting $80 worth of formula for free! Holy crap! I didn't realize that people got that much in free formula. Then, because I've seen so many cm posts about it, I decide to see what she's wearing. She's carrying a Louis Vuitton purse and wearing Ugg boots. Well then..damn, that's nice that she can swing all that but not food for her kid(s). 

Thanks a lot, cm. If it weren't for you, I would have never noticed these things.

*And before someone says something..yes I realize her clothes could have been gifts. I kind of doubt it since she had her hair and nails done. And in the grand scheme of things, no I don't really care. I was curious to see if the stereotype held true for the person in front of me.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Wic has a higher income limit that one would assume. Plus I know all kinds of people like you stated, but they are fake purses/ boots which you can buy super cheap and easy online ( like $20)

AntzMom24
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM
9 moms liked this

I don't even notice. I'm too busy telling the oldest, "No, put that back!" and making sure the youngest doesn't start crying and throwing a fit by distracting him. lol 

aleatra.r
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I use wic, and i sure as hell don't have a fancy purse. Nor are my nails done and i do my hair myself
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM

If the child is on a special formula they can get it with higher income amounts.

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Quoting Ajanee12:

Wic has a higher income limit that one would assume. Plus I know all kinds of people like you stated, but they are fake purses/ boots which you can buy super cheap and easy online ( like $20)

I know the wic income limits.  I knew you could get fake LV, but not fake uggs. I'm pretty sure the LV was real. 

samanthastaatss
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Haha scarred for life. It's a damn shame.

dx1066
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM
3 moms liked this

She could have bought a can of formula on that same $20 too.

Quote:

Wic had a higher income limit that one would assume. Plus I know all kinds of people like you stated, but they are fake purses/ boots which you can buy super cheap and easy online ( like $20)"

MaySheWillStay
1 mom liked this

Good god, where do you people live?!

I look in other peoples' carts all the time. Not to judge, I'm just curious what other people buy. I don't think I've ever seen a food stamps card, let alone people getting free stuff. Maybe I just don't know what to look for?

mich.el.le

Quoting AntzMom24:

I don't even notice. I'm too busy telling the oldest, "No, put that back!" and making sure the youngest doesn't start crying and throwing a fit by distracting him. lol 

Lol. That's usually me too. Today I was only getting a couple items and the boys were pretty calm and quiet so I had time to ponder.

JoyfulinSD
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM
2 moms liked this
The cool part of that is when you go to your facebook online rummage page, you can buy the formula for 1/2 the price because she will have some reason she doesn't need it like the kid doesn't eat it or is no longer eating formula. Nice little income for some there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)