Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Damn it mother!!! Are you trying to poisen my kid?!??? Update.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She seriously leaves household cleaning supplies all over the house down where my toddlers can reach them. We seriously just talked about this and what does she do?? Leaves the Lysol on the floor and spray cleaner on the table. Took my son the three seconds from getting home to notice it and bee line right for it. I'm continuously having to do rounds picking up toxic stuff. Here's the kicker...I do ALL the cleaning. She leaves it out as a reminder to me off something she wants me to clean. Fuck she can't just tell me or leave me a note

Update. Spoke to her about it. Asked her about when we were toddlers and how certain things you wanted to keep away from us. Yada yada. She pulled the if you move away I will lose the house guilt trip. Given she can't really afford the house since we are all grown and she no longer has money coming in to pay for everything. I pay 3/4 of the rent. Half of the utilities and will yes probably not be able to afford the house any longer. Shit. I feel like I'm stuck! I want her to just be independent so I can be an adult with my own worries. It's exhausting having my family worries on too of hers
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Replies (11-14):
RLT2
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:13 AM

You're going to have to go, that's way too dangerous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Thats what I'm thinking. But when I mentioned it once she went into total meltdown. She doesn't think she can ever live on her own and I'm the only one of the kids sticking around

Quoting firemouse23:

Time to move.  If she can't see how dangerous that is then it's time to get your own place...or put a lock on the cleaning cabinet with you having the only key to get into it.  

bi-polarmommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

tell her then that either she stops leaving chemicals out for the LOs to grab or you will need to find another place without her, and don't let her guilt you into staying even if she doesn't stop

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats what I'm thinking. But when I mentioned it once she went into total meltdown. She doesn't think she can ever live on her own and I'm the only one of the kids sticking around

Quoting firemouse23:

Time to move.  If she can't see how dangerous that is then it's time to get your own place...or put a lock on the cleaning cabinet with you having the only key to get into it.  

Come join me at Multi-Generational Special Needs Households, a place for moms dealing with 2 or more generations of special needs under one roof

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118250/

mommy_madilyn
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Sounds like she needs to be cleaning herself. That kind of shit really pisses me off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)