Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He's only 15 months but...

Posted by   + Show Post
Dh and I are really thinking about homeschooling ds.
We are in Texas and they are talking about letting the faculty at the schools take guns into their classrooms.
A teacher is a regular person, they can blow just as quickly as anyone else!

What are the pros and cons of homeschooling?
Do you enjoy it?
Would you if you could?
Why do you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
juniebug11
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Dd is only 19 months and I want to homeschool my husband says no, she is very social and loves people, it wouldn't be fair.

I guess I'll worry more about it when the time comes .
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd homeschool too if I lived in Texas.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM
3 moms liked this

No, I'm not. 

Yeah, church friends...that's a laugh. I was homeschooled and it was the most horrible experience and ruined any chance off me getting into college, so I have no education to get a real job. I had no friends, except for "church" friends, again what a joke. 

You have to have a degree to be a teacher for a reason.

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

Are you the same anon replying over and over?

Anyways, we go to church and he has friends there, they also have social get togethers every week. I can educate him just as well as anyone else can, I'm not ignorant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure, if you want your child to not have a social life, a real education, and a real chance in life, go ahead, homeschool him.

You can't protect him from everything, lady.

samanthastaatss
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I saw that too. I live in Texas and unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to move out of state before my little ones start attending school. I'm definitely looking into home schooling. I do not feel comfortable at all with the idea of bringing MORE guns into a school. 

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

I would but it's not for everyone. Your kid will be better off in school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM
See we have an amazing church that has a set time just for kids 1-3 times a week. I figured he could go there sometimes to be with other kids.

Quoting juniebug11:

Dd is only 19 months and I want to homeschool my husband says no, she is very social and loves people, it wouldn't be fair.

I guess I'll worry more about it when the time comes .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I have thought about home schooling my kid's for tha. Exact reason, but I know that I would not be doing them any favors, if they decide to give teachers guns then I will be moving to mexico.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:47 PM
You are asking for trouble
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I could move but I don't know if we want to, we love our lives here. With all the shootings, I think the last thing we need is MORE GUNS!

Quoting samanthastaatss:

I saw that too. I live in Texas and unfortuately, I don't think I will be able to move out of state before my little ones start attending school. I'm definitely looking into home schooling. I do not feel comfortable at all with the idea of bringing MORE guns into a school. 

CjEmmemommy
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I love the des for some kids, it's not for everyone or every kid but it can be great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)