Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He's only 15 months but...

Posted by   + Show Post
Dh and I are really thinking about homeschooling ds.
We are in Texas and they are talking about letting the faculty at the schools take guns into their classrooms.
A teacher is a regular person, they can blow just as quickly as anyone else!

What are the pros and cons of homeschooling?
Do you enjoy it?
Would you if you could?
Why do you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (281-284):
star33
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

Says who?
In Texas, they don't learn much about other cultures, I would teach him about others.
Texas teaches about Texas (Texas history, Texas government, etc.)

Quoting star33:

also,they would be surrounded by only like minded people,so how would they learn to think for themselves and learn other cultures?

i imagine all states teach about their particular state.i was thinking as far as socializing goes.there are so many diff people to interact with.i also consider teaching about other cultures to be my responsibility.i was just throwing out something to consider.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Just throwing it out there, if that was a dig at our educational system in Texas, did you know that Texas is the state that approves the textbooks that go to all states? Just saying. 

Quoting Momniscient:

I'd homeschool too if I lived in Texas.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I know TX is instrumental in textbook selection and approval because they pay a lot of money to be, yes. I also know their state standards are approved by 'elected' officials that are able legally to pay their way in with virtually no actual voters.
That means TX curriculum is not equatable with other state standards and there is no way I would willingly inflict Texas curriculum standards in my child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just throwing it out there, if that was a dig at our educational system in Texas, did you know that Texas is the state that approves the textbooks that go to all states? Just saying. 

Quoting Momniscient:

I'd homeschool too if I lived in Texas.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GracieD86
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I really feel like it's rediculous to have guns around the kids at all. All it takes is getting a teacher that has a complete mental breakdown or a student getting a hold of the teachers gun before there is another tragedy. I think we other than general gun saftey (which I do believe is important) we should lead by example and discourage our children from having any involvment in guns at all. I understand a security guard at the school having a fire arm but the teachers? in the class room? that is just too much. 

Whoopwhoop 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN