Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People here try to act

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
16 moms liked this
Like they're Jesus or some sh*t. Can't do any wrong, holier than thou, snobby women. It's insane. You pay taxes and complain and remark about how PA Is being paid for by you. Yes taxes are being taken out for it but it's not your whole check, it's not even half. It's so minimal it's honestly petty. My DH and I had to resort to PA when he was cut to part time and my hours were also cut. We got off after 6 months of it, with his new job and me in school again. If any of you think because you pay a minimal amount per check that you're better or have the right to bash people on PA get real. That makes me better than you because I have something you don't. A heart.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junesmommy18
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM
4 moms liked this
If they didn't have a heart... Well, they probably wouldn't be alive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
6 moms liked this

It's been said about a million times, NO ONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE BEING ON PA TEMPORARILY... for example, in your case, for six months due to unexpected work issues. It's the people who make it a lifestyle that piss people off, those who have no inclination to better themselves and their situations.  And it's MY PAYCHECK, and since I vote, I do get some say in where it goes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not speaking on literal terms. You know exactly what I meant. Compassion.

Quoting Junesmommy18:

If they didn't have a heart... Well, they probably wouldn't be alive.

Paranoai
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I am all for PA for those who REALLY needed, deserve it and dont abuse it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I vote too, and I don't act that way. It's a paycheck that is more than the tax going to more than just PA. I guess you had better not collect social security when you qualify later in life, or any of that. Since that's a tax and all.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

It's been said about a million times, NO ONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE BEING ON PA TEMPORARILY... for example, in your case, for six months due to unexpected work issues. It's the people who make it a lifestyle that piss people off, those who have no inclination to better themselves and their situations.  And it's MY PAYCHECK, and since I vote, I do get some say in where it goes. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:23 PM

If you think so little of these people, why bother trying to explain or defend your life to them? the door swings both ways. The only thing more annoying than someone pulling the "my money pays for your PA" card is someone that likes to pull the "You can't judge me!", card. At least the first type of person isn't doing it as a thinly veiled way to either start drama or get pats on the back. Blah.

deenakate
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I completely agree...

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:25 PM
How can they judge me for not getting PA? It's childish and they know it. "Blah."

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

If you think so little of these people, why bother trying to explain or defend your life to them? the door swings both ways. The only thing more annoying than someone pulling the "my money pays for your PA" card is someone that likes to pull the "You can't judge me!", card. At least the first type of person isn't doing it as a thinly veiled way to either start drama or get pats on the back. Blah.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:26 PM

there's a whole lotta bitching goin on!

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM

*sigh* You pay into social security when you work, genius. The amount you get is correlated to the amount you pay in. People on PA for years on end, and not working or workin the minimum, collect much more than they pay in.  It's not an equal balance.

Quoting Anonymous:

I vote too, and I don't act that way. It's a paycheck that is more than the tax going to more than just PA. I guess you had better not collect social security when you qualify later in life, or any of that. Since that's a tax and all.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)