Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what do you want for dinner when you get home??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

i see the sincerity, but fuck that question.

what i want you dont know how to cook, it will get messed up, and it will be worthless.

plus- its not prepared. at 7 pm are you really gonna defrost my chicken, cut it up, cook it, prepare my enchilads and stick them back in the oven?

no, i didnt think so.

i really appriciate him cooking dinner. i do. but its just pissing me off. i have all these foods i used to love to cook and eat. but now that i work, i never cook. so i never get them. most of the time things cooked, i dont want, or they get messed up. like, he made a lasagna last night. i wanted it so bad. he put it in the fridge for me. his brother or some shit put in back in the oven. and left it there . totally fucked me.

i appreciate him. he does good, but holey shit i miss food. i miss MY foods. i never get my favorites anymore. in fact, i only eat a real meal about 3 times a week. other than that, its just what i can grab. i dont mean to bitch. but i miss being the one cooking , i miss eating foods *i* love, and i just miss real food. any other working moms feel this way??

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Wow I would kill for someone that would even offer to make me dinner...I'm a single mom of 3 so I have no help whatsoever. Why don't you prepare your meals on the weekend and freeze them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emandab
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Eh, I always have something in the fridge for just me that I can put together late at night which is when I typically eat.  I think you need to dial down the ungratefulness a bit.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM

because what i want cant be frozen. or if it is, it taste god awful afterwards.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow I would kill for someone that would even offer to make me dinner...I'm a single mom of 3 so I have no help whatsoever. Why don't you prepare your meals on the weekend and freeze them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:28 PM

but you dont miss hot cooked MEALS? like, yeah, in the fridge you got something quick. sandwhich stuff, salad stuff. but you never miss the meals you've eaten your whole life?

Quoting emandab:

Eh, I always have something in the fridge for just me that I can put together late at night which is when I typically eat.  I think you need to dial down the ungratefulness a bit.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:31 PM

what hours do you work?

Quoting Anonymous:

bbyB10
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:32 PM
I know how you feel , I would make something I really wanted on the weekends my days off I havent worked in 3 years though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I work full time all week long...usually 9 am to 6 pm...sometimes later.

Quoting Anonymous:

what hours do you work?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:35 PM

yeah, but your home to cook dinner. i would love those hours. i get home around midnight :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I work full time all week long...usually 9 am to 6 pm...sometimes later.

Quoting Anonymous:

what hours do you work?

Quoting Anonymous:

PumpkinSpice8
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM
You could premake some things on the weekend... Then he could take them out of the freezer and bake them before you get home!!!

Shrugs. :( sorry momma. He's never going to get better if he doesn't try.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM
That's what I was gonna suggest too. Enchiladas make great freezer meals, so does lasagna and casseroles.

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

You could premake some things on the weekend... Then he could take them out of the freezer and bake them before you get home!!!

Shrugs. :( sorry momma. He's never going to get better if he doesn't try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)