Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So f***ing pissed right now *EDIT** Update**Update again*

Posted by   + Show Post
Cussing vent!

At my fucking landlord right now! The fucking drain pipe for my bathroom is OUTSIDE my fucking house with no insulation! The last few days the temps have not gone above 25 degrees outside. Guess what happened? The fucking pipe froze and now I can't flush my fucking toilet, use my sink, or give my DD a bath because the fucking water has backed up into my toilet, sink, and tub! This happened 5 years ago and it was so bad that it crack a STEEL FUCKING PIPE! I told him 5 years ago, when he replaced the pipe that he should heat wrap it or find a way to protect it from the cold. Did he listen? Fuck no! To make it worse, it's a PVC (plastic) pipe! I have no bathroom because of this shit! I am so fucking pissed off right now!

*EDIT*

Ladies, this is a 7 foot tall, 6 inch wide pipe that is completely outside. Leaving the water dripping will not fix or prevent this problem. It should have been heat wrapped and insulated from the start. Hair dryers will not fix this problem due to the size of the pipe, the fact that it is outside, and the fact that it is currently 11 degrees outside.

*Update*

Some one is coming out to heat wrap and insulate the pipe, tomorrow! My neighbor called the property manager, who was no help, then he called the landlord. He tried to jerk around about it and say it couldn't be frozen, but my neighbor told him that it absolutely was, we checked, several times. He said some one would be out tomorrow to heat wrap and insulate it. My neighbor.called because I am too pissed and didn't want to scream at my landlord for not listening to me in the first place!

*Another update*

Let's see if we can make this worse? The cause of the downward pipe being able to freeze would be that the septic tank needs to be pumped out, has started to back up the underground line from the tank to the house, causing the water to get caught in my drain line so it could freeze. Oh AND it seems the line is starting to freeze because ofthe unusually low temperatures. The landlord is calling the septic company to traing the tank, but it's gonna be at least another day or two for them to get here, AND figure out how to deal with the ice in the underground line. On top if that, even with the heat wrap and insulation, my line is STILL fucking frozen! I'm so pissed and trying to figure out what we're gonna do until we have a working bathroom again. Fucking lovely!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Only ilon the inside and not main. It's an apartment in a house. In the lease it states that all maintenance and repairs are the landlord's responsiblity. This falls under that.

Quoting pinkysmommy720:

We rent and it is our responsibility to make sure the pipes and faucets are ready for winter.
Byrd15
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I feel ya, I came home from a 2 week vacation to find 4 feet of snow, no way in my house, and frozen pipes. They thawed in a day or so but the shower broke for a week. My landlord helped us out (we've never lived up north) but my neighbors who were supposed to be watching our house were dumb asses... Needless to say I haven't spoken to them since.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Quoting Litlmama87:

No water, no rent.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Ugh that sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Doesn't work on an outside pipe. Only for pipes in a basement that has some heat getting to it. This is a 7 foot pipe completely outside.

Quoting Anonymous:

Would it be too difficult for you to insulate it? Are you leaving your faucets dripping during the day/night?

It may be an old wives tale but we always let our faucets drip when it drops below freezing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Uh, no. She's renting. She doesn't own the property, it's the landlords responsibility. 

Quoting cLanief:

That's truley Shitty... but since you knew about it.. you could have done something too...

kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM

if he dosn't fix it right report him

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Nope.. a coup me towels work

Quoting jkleinman:

Oh I'm supposed to spend several hundred dollars to fix a problem he knew he needed to take care of before this happened?

Quoting cLanief:

That's truley Shitty... but since you knew about it.. you could have done something too...

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Yep. It's common knowledge to keep a faucet dripping when it's freezing or below outside.

Quoting pinkysmommy720:

We rent and it is our responsibility to make sure the pipes and faucets are ready for winter.
kellymarie323
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Aww :( boo! That sucks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)