Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Catholic Church is allowing Married preists now

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
They are performing they ceremony for ordination in Wellsville NY. Very near my home..
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM

oh look the catholic church is being hypocritical to their own believes again!

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM

*sigh*

There's nothing to think about it. The Church allows THOSE ALREADY MARRIED Anglican/Episcopalian priests to convert. You may not marry once you are a Catholic priest. KWIM?

Quoting emilysmom8:

Here is a link..

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/southern_tier/married-dad-of-3-to-be-catholic-priest

I heard this on the news earier and was going make a post about it asking Catholics what they thought..

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Go acquaint yourself with google. The Church has always allowed ALREADY MARRIED anglican priests to convert.

Quoting Anonymous:

oh look the catholic church is being hypocritical to their own believes again!

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

GOOD!!! Now maybe they will leave the choir boys alone!  About friggin time!

kaiser10123
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Aaaww ok :(

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Priests may not marry; already married Anglican priests can convert... already married.

Quoting kaiser10123:

Yay! Now Father Damien can find him a good woman! He's such a good man :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HomeSweetHome77
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking the same exact thing lol

Quoting kaiser10123:

Uh oh Spaghetti O's lol

Quoting Hezzy1228:

About damn time, maybe now these horny bastards will stop molesting children if they can actually have a life outside of religion.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM

*sigh* As far as I remember from religion classes nun's and priest are married to god and not supposed to be married to a person, even ones who convert

Quoting AutymsMommy:

*sigh*

There's nothing to think about it. The Church allows THOSE ALREADY MARRIED Anglican/Episcopalian priests to convert. You may not marry once you are a Catholic priest. KWIM?

Quoting emilysmom8:

Here is a link..

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/southern_tier/married-dad-of-3-to-be-catholic-priest

I heard this on the news earier and was going make a post about it asking Catholics what they thought..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM
This just reminds me that my Scottish ancestors had the last name MacTaggart which means 'son of the priest' lol.
Hezzy1228
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Yes because I totally said other wise too, genius Sarah!. I should be shocked you actually just threw a tantrum, but half the idiots on this board always get a fire under their ass and make assumptions based on one reply ;) YAY Genius all around!!

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

yeah, because that works for all the married child molesters out there, they have a wife, so that means they stop touching kids! Genius Hezzy!

Quoting Hezzy1228:

About damn time, maybe now these horny bastards will stop molesting children if they can actually have a life outside of religion.

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

w the rate of ppl entering the priesthood declining over the last few decades...it really isn't all that surprising.

the argument that not allowing ppl to marry has caused priests to molest children is just asinine though.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN