Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Catholic Church is allowing Married preists now

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
They are performing they ceremony for ordination in Wellsville NY. Very near my home..
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I always thought priests weren't supposed to have sex...if that's so...my whole family line shouldn't exist lmao.

Quoting Hezzy1228:

That could be used in so many ways lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

This just reminds me that my Scottish ancestors had the last name MacTaggart which means 'son of the priest' lol.

Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM

they actually have been doing in for awhile in various locations. a lot of priests just choose not to.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM

not if you are married--they don't take them.  No BC besides natural family planning however.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

What about the vow of celibacy? I wonder if that applies?

shygrl3cccm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I think that's great! I never understood why not?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM
This is one case and he's already married. If it makes the national news I'll take more notice. In general you could have been married before and be a priest or nun, but even this seems unusual. Have to wait and see more as the story didn't elaborating much.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Omg not all catholic priests are pedophiles. Stop saying that stupid shit.

Quoting Hezzy1228:

About damn time, maybe now these horny bastards will stop molesting children if they can actually have a life outside of religion.

mlg1989
Yesterday at 12:43 AM
by ZombieMegg on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:52 PM
3 moms liked this
Pedophiles will always be pedophiles.

People don't rape children because they don't have a sex life, they do it because they are sick in the head. Whether it be a priest, cop, teacher or just the neighbor next door.
being sexually deprived does NOT make you a child predator. Just sayin.

Quoting Hezzy1228:

About damn time, maybe now these horny bastards will stop molesting children if they can actually have a life outside of religion.

mary841108
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM

probably because the alter boys are getting tired of being molested....oh shit, was that too offensive? wait why do catholic priest like ipads? because the touch screens respond faster than the alter boys.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM

as a priest (or a nun) you are to be totally devoted to God, so the consensus was you could not provide a spouse your full attention. Being a priest is a 24/7, low paying job, not ideal for having a family.  Most priests, when asked if they would marry if they were permitted, say no.

Quoting shygrl3cccm:

I think that's great! I never understood why not?

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Being Catholic, Im up to date on most of the rules. Did not know maried converts could enter the Priesthood though! 

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

not if you are married--they don't take them.  No BC besides natural family planning however.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

What about the vow of celibacy? I wonder if that applies?

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured