Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM gets lack of help from Husband

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM
  • 84 Replies
My husband works as a Bartender and I am a stay at home mom, I have a 6 year old daughter and me and my hubby have a 3 year old son. My husband works from 4 to 11 5 nights a week and sometimes even longer shifts (open to close on some weekends). I swear he thinks staying at home with the kids is a piece of cake. I get so frustrated at him because on his days off he is tired and hardly helps. Most of the time on his work days our son is still up, and he does help with getting him into bed. but on his days off its like pulling teeth to get a little help at all. I do dishes every day, laundry everyday.. and our son.. he crys and crys for his dad. Just a few days ago I got a stomach bug, the husband worked a double the next day and I had both the kids all day, the following morning (a day he was off) I begged him to get up with the children and he never did. I being weak and sick did it all. And when I try to talk to him about it, I get the cold shoulder. I get so upset, I don't know how to talk about it without getting emotional and just plain mad. Today he told me that he watched our son while I took my daughters books and exchanged them at the libary, so he don't understand what I'm talking about when I say I never get a break. He also reminded me that the day after new years he watched both kids for an hour while I took our christmas tree to my moms for storage. Now don't get me wrong, I love him so much and sometimes we get out of the house and have a great time.. he loves the kids. He works hard so we can afford for me to stay home with the kids.. I just wish I could make him understand that my 24/7 job is hard. I don't get days off.. I feel like his days off work, he should try to help me more. Please help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM

tsk tsk

catrig
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Tie him up and beat him into submission?

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM
:( *hugs*
I never have to ask Dh to help with ds. He misses him so much when he works that he wants to spend time with him- even if it's tubby and reading time
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Do your job as a wife?
brittany208
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I worked 2 days a week as a waitress when DS was little so DH would be forced to spend time caring for him without me. Because I was scheduled and HAD to work, I didn't have to feel bad about leaving, or not get to go for some reason. DH didn't like it, but it was for the best for everyone. Maybe you could do the same?

SoKamele
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM
3 moms liked this

I've got nothing for you. My hubby works his butt off so I can stay at home with our son. I don't ask him to do anything much.....meaning very little.

He does what he can.......when he can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand!!!! Dh works 10 hours 4 days a week and getting him to do anything other then work is a nightmare... I swear he thinks I have a magic wand!
RLT2
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:08 PM
9 moms liked this

You won't get any sympathy. People are going to tell you that you owe him blah blah blah, because he works etc. Apparently we should live like indentured fucking servants and be happy about it.

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Kinda sounds like you need to schedule some off time just for you - and at that time - leave the house even if it is to go sit at a coffee house for your time.

MHarrington8705
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea, the post above about doing my job. Ha.. you can tell that person has never been the one doing 5 million things at once. I only mentioned laundry and dishes to try to stay short in the post.. a sthm never rests..

Quoting RLT2:

You won't get any sympathy. People are going to tell you that you owe him blah blah blah, because he works etc. Apparently we should live like indentured fucking servants and be happy about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured