Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ugh.................feel like im doing this whole parenting thing wrong!!!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

in the past 5 weeks, all 4 of us have had the flu. then we all got bronchitis. then my husband got a sinus infection. now, my husband and my daughter have the stomach flu. my son has fifths disease. im nauseated as hell but i think that is just from cleaning up the puke. we practice good handwashing. we use tons of hand sanitizer. im constantly wiping things down with lysol. i feel like a freakin failure. my kids have/are missing alot of school. i dont know what else to do. Everyone is on a multivitamin. any suggestions????

Love says, i sacrifice myself for the other person.

Abortion says, i sacrifice the other person for myself.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Keep everyone separate!  Really, that's the one thing that will help a lot.  Kids in their room, husband in his room, you on the couch.  Lots and lots of water.  Paper plates, disposable cups.  Clean the heck out of the bathroom (if you have more than one, try to keep people separate).  Obviously separate towels and everything.

emtmomtwo
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM

thank you. i will definitely try harder to keep them separated. we have been using disposables and of course i make sure the cups are labeled so that no one gets someone elses cup. i have never been so incredibly frustrated. just when i think its over, it starts again.

emtmomtwo
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:43 PM

bump

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM

This too will pass. We had a year like that. Every time I turned around it was something else. Strep, flu, sinus infections, stomach flu. It just happens and if your family heads back into the world they are bound to pick something new up and be sick again. Just try to roll with it. It does not define you as a parent in any way. 

emtmomtwo
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Thank you. Just very discouraged right now. i literally have paperwork on who get what and when in a notebook. The kids are 5 and 6 so its really hard to keep them separated because as soon as i turn around they are back in the same room. The school acted pissy when i called for makeup work because they will be out almost all week because of this. They have dr notes so i dont know what more they expect me to do.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

This too will pass. We had a year like that. Every time I turned around it was something else. Strep, flu, sinus infections, stomach flu. It just happens and if your family heads back into the world they are bound to pick something new up and be sick again. Just try to roll with it. It does not define you as a parent in any way. 

Love says, i sacrifice myself for the other person.

Abortion says, i sacrifice the other person for myself.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Well then that explains it. They are in their first years of school. Every germ out there is sitting in the school waiting to reach out to them, lol. At least they are building up their immune system. The school was probably pissy because it was their 900th call for make up work since there are so many things going around. One year all 5 of us had the flu on Christmas. It was awful. Then the day the kids were suppose to go back to school my dd and I woke up with strep. On Valentines Day that same year I had three puking kids at home. It gets easier when they  get older but now they are getting exposed to every germ and don't have immunities to many things. Hang in there and don't put a lot pressue on yourself. Its not worth it, lol. 

Quoting emtmomtwo:

Thank you. Just very discouraged right now. i literally have paperwork on who get what and when in a notebook. The kids are 5 and 6 so its really hard to keep them separated because as soon as i turn around they are back in the same room. The school acted pissy when i called for makeup work because they will be out almost all week because of this. They have dr notes so i dont know what more they expect me to do.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM
You have to keep in mind that the flu lowers the immune system, therefore making it easier to catch other things. The more they are sick the weaker their immune systems become. Just clean everything that you can, as good as you can. Also, start giving them vitamin C. It really helps boost the immune system.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emtmomtwo
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:00 PM
thank you for the encouragement. its good to know that it gets better. also, i will definitely be adding vitamin c to their list of meds.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)