Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids sleep together in the same bed every night..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

..is this okay??

We just recently moved and they share a room. I had to throw out one of their twin beds during the move, but we had an extra queen mattress. So I have them both in one queen until I can score a good deal on some bunk beds.

They personally like sharing a bed. Sometimes they argue and put the teddy bear in between one another ;) They are 4 and 5 year old boys by the way.

ETA- Sweet! My first featured post. I was wondering why my post got so many replies! Thanks for ALL your input ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Replies (401-410):
Blackburn3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I see nothing wrong w/ it at all. My boys 3 and 2 co-sleep w/ my dh and I every night. They will until we can get a good deal on some loft or bunk beds. We just moved cross country and cannot afford it right now. We are all happy and everyone gets sleep and my 2 yr old still takes a bottle in the middle of the night ( due to medical reasons ) but I don't have to get up its made and ready right on the night stand. My dd is the only one who sleeps in her own room and bed but she is 9 and needs her space as she says but she did co-sleep too till she was 6. U do what works for your family and if it works who cares if anyone judges they don't live your life or are in your house.
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM

yes fine! for about 15 months my boys.. then 5 and 3 shared a twin bed! they had 2 but would sleep in the same one!!!

Blackburn3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting ChristyG2012:

I will add I do find opposite gendered kids bed sharing inappropriate.

Why do u find it inappropriate ?? When my dh goes out of town for weeks a time my bed is the main sleeping place for all my kids, dd age 9, and 2 boys ages 3 and 2. They miss their dad and I love the company and snuggles. I mean I am in the middle of the bed boys on one side and dd on the other. I see nothing wrong w/ it all even when they get older. Why does this world we live in have to sexilize everything. There is nothing sexual about it just loving and feeling close to your kids. If u meant if opposite genders without a parent in bed then yes a cut off age but u as a parent can only determine that and I don't many pre-teen brothers and sisters who would want to share a bed anymore.
Sewsofun
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I think its totally fine, but I would get maybe a twin over a full bunk bed that way they can choose to sleep together or not. Also you should try to encourage them to sleep on their own only because its hard to sleep on your own after sleeping with others. And obviously later on they will definitely want their own beds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
theirmommy04
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
My 8 and 4 year old boys share a room and CHOOSE to share a bed. They each have their own, but they like sharing one! I see no problems :)
RicardoD
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Bed sharing, or co-sleeping is the norm in much of civilized world; often including parents. Even in the US, one of my parents experienced it, but the other disapproved and avoided it. I've witnessed it in cultures that raise confident children who have learned to respect the rights and personal traits of others through the process. I recommend you continue it until your boys ask for separate beds. They eventually will, but for now this is a wonderful experience for them to learn and grow.

Mom2bagain1009
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Well, umm my daughter is 7 and my son is 3 and he simply can't sleep without her. he cries and throws a fit. at one point they had to sleep together and now he refuses not to. i got him a nice bed and everything. but it doesn't bother her so i let him go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM

My kids usually share a bed. They have their own blankets. They are two yrs apart, boy girl. They do have their own beds though.

besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM

If they're boys, I think it's fine until you can find a deal :)

lilypad12788
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM
I'm the oldest of four and I never had a room to myself. When my youngest sister was born, 13 years younger than me, her crib was next to my bed until she was about a year old and then we shared a bed until she was 6. We all shared a room. I can't sleep in a room by myself to save my life. I moved out of my parents house and in with my husband. My husband went out of town for a weekend and I had to go to my parents house and sleep in my sister's room with them. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I grew up the oldest of 4, then add 4 step siblings and a niece and nephew, no house we lived in had more than 3 rooms. We shared beds all the time. Now i have a hard time sleeping alone and i think this is why, but other than that i never really minded sharing a bed

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN