Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids sleep together in the same bed every night..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

..is this okay??

We just recently moved and they share a room. I had to throw out one of their twin beds during the move, but we had an extra queen mattress. So I have them both in one queen until I can score a good deal on some bunk beds.

They personally like sharing a bed. Sometimes they argue and put the teddy bear in between one another ;) They are 4 and 5 year old boys by the way.

ETA- Sweet! My first featured post. I was wondering why my post got so many replies! Thanks for ALL your input ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:29 PM
9 moms liked this
My kids have separate rooms but sometimes I will find my son (he's 2) "swaddled" in his sister's room. Apparently he wakes up in the middle of the night upset and DD will wrap him up and sing him to sleep :-) (she is 5).

I see nothing wrong with it as long as the bed is big enough for them and they are okay with it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sadiebug1228
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM
3 moms liked this
Go to loft beds.com they have some good deals on bunk beds lol just saying.

And I think it's fine as long as they get along lol my son would love to sleep with his sister he always asks if she can sleep in his bed with him lol he loves his sister! (I hope that didn't sound too weird) he's 4 and she's 1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM
My girls are 4 and 5 and they asked me to push their twin beds together. I don't see a problem with it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM

They learn to adapt lol. My oldest kicks and squirms around, the youngest stays straight as a stick all night.

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

I couldn't have my kids share.... One is almost 11 and the other just turned 3.... My DD (3) always wants to sleep in DS (10) room but I'm afraid he'll roll over on to her lol... Plus he wiggles and kicks.

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM
My girls each have their own beds, but almost always both sleep in one. They are almost 2 & 3.5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM

My 3 boys LOVE it when I put the bunk bed down and make it a king they can all share. They would sleep together in a twin if I let them LOL. I think if they are all ok with it, why not....I know it wont last forever.

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Sure, why not.  I would love for my kids to share a bed someday, but I doubt my oldest will be down for that. He likes his own space.

pilsonmama
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM

my 3 & 5 year old boys share a king size bed :) i don't c anything wrong with it and they don't mind, im not a fan of bunk beds at the age they r at, they use to have them and were constinantly gettin in trouble for jumping off the top bunk!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM

My son and DD often go to their own beds at lights out and I find them cuddled together when I check on them. I think it is great bonding time.

ilovemyboys84
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM

we have 3 sets of bunk beds and my 5 and 6 yr old boys still sleep together...its their choice lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN