Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids sleep together in the same bed every night..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

..is this okay??

We just recently moved and they share a room. I had to throw out one of their twin beds during the move, but we had an extra queen mattress. So I have them both in one queen until I can score a good deal on some bunk beds.

They personally like sharing a bed. Sometimes they argue and put the teddy bear in between one another ;) They are 4 and 5 year old boys by the way.

ETA- Sweet! My first featured post. I was wondering why my post got so many replies! Thanks for ALL your input ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
gma12.1
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM

It is fine to let sibs of the same sex share a bed. My b/g twin grandkids shared a bed until they were 8. They had beds of their own but wouldn't stay in them they insisted on sleeping together.

mitchiesgirl
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM
His room is also far from my room and I'll worry all night lol because I won't be able to hear them
.... We make up for it one a week though.... We set up the air mattress in the living room, make a fort and have a movie/"sleepover" night and she is stuck to his hip lol

Quoting Anonymous:

They learn to adapt lol. My oldest kicks and squirms around, the youngest stays straight as a stick all night.

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

I couldn't have my kids share.... One is almost 11 and the other just turned 3.... My DD (3) always wants to sleep in DS (10) room but I'm afraid he'll roll over on to her lol... Plus he wiggles and kicks.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:34 PM

thank you!

Quoting sadiebug1228:

Go to loft beds.com they have some good deals on bunk beds lol just saying.

And I think it's fine as long as they get along lol my son would love to sleep with his sister he always asks if she can sleep in his bed with him lol he loves his sister! (I hope that didn't sound too weird) he's 4 and she's 1

ilovemyboys84
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM

awe that is too sweet!! if my 2 yr old wakes up any of the older boys they wake me up grumpy saying to deal with this kid lol idk why he dosent come in here first

Quoting SamiJ18:

My kids have separate rooms but sometimes I will find my son (he's 2) "swaddled" in his sister's room. Apparently he wakes up in the middle of the night upset and DD will wrap him up and sing him to sleep :-) (she is 5).

I see nothing wrong with it as long as the bed is big enough for them and they are okay with it.

Kes1s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Same sex, so what. 

LACHESIS
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
My 4 year old really wants to sleep with her big brother who is 5. He however says she bugs him. We coslept up until recently. He would rather sleep with me or on his own.
He can't pinpoint what bothers him exactly. She does snore and one night he came flying in our room saying there were monsters growling. She was snorning... lmbo.

She is happy to sleep on her own or with brother which is nice. She likes to think he protects her at night ;)
blancavazquez
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM

my ds almost 3 and dd almost 2 share a queen size bed, I think it's ok to let them sleep in the same bed I don't see a problem =)

emandab
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM

My 3 and 4 yr old girls sleep in the same bed.  They have bunk beds but 9 times out of 10 I find them in the same bed together by the middle of the night.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  They are best friends.  Didn't you share your bed with your best friend when you were a kid?

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. My twin and I slept together for years. We didn't have twin beds. They are same sex siblings. There was a time all the kids slept together back in the day.

whohottawit3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Its normal my kids do it their close i did it with my brothers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured