Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids sleep together in the same bed every night..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

..is this okay??

We just recently moved and they share a room. I had to throw out one of their twin beds during the move, but we had an extra queen mattress. So I have them both in one queen until I can score a good deal on some bunk beds.

They personally like sharing a bed. Sometimes they argue and put the teddy bear in between one another ;) They are 4 and 5 year old boys by the way.

ETA- Sweet! My first featured post. I was wondering why my post got so many replies! Thanks for ALL your input ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Replies (41-50):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM

mine do too, but with me and their dad, we have a family bed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Sounds like me...loves her big brother, lol

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

His room is also far from my room and I'll worry all night lol because I won't be able to hear them
.... We make up for it one a week though.... We set up the air mattress in the living room, make a fort and have a movie/"sleepover" night and she is stuck to his hip lol

Quoting Anonymous:

They learn to adapt lol. My oldest kicks and squirms around, the youngest stays straight as a stick all night.

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

I couldn't have my kids share.... One is almost 11 and the other just turned 3.... My DD (3) always wants to sleep in DS (10) room but I'm afraid he'll roll over on to her lol... Plus he wiggles and kicks.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM
My kids sometimes sleep in the same bed. I frequently go to check on them and one of them is with their 2 y/o sister in her crib.
I see no issue with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jebekarue
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I think at that age its fine, my kids boy and girl shared a room til they were 7 and 4 when we upgraded to a bigger house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Sorry you sound disappointed that it wasnt dramatic enough lol.

Quoting Kes1s:

Same sex, so what. 

Hezzy1228
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM

My boys do too, mainly because my youngest always gets into bed with his brother in the middle of the night. Honestly though the only problem is that my youngest is a weed eater, he can't sit still so it causes my oldest son to get uncomfortable and have a bad nights rest, so as long as the bed is big enough with enough space you should be fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Ds 8 will go into his brothers room 14 when he has a nightmare. Because mommy kicks and punches. I've given both boys bloody lips in my sleep and broke df's nose once. I have severe night terrors
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I don't see an issue as long as the kids are happy. My DD (4), DS (1.5), & me all sleep in one bed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kes1s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Yep.  It's not even a question.  You're not debating on separate rooms or anything.  Boring.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kes1s:

Same sex, so what. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Im sure there are plenty of cheating, PA abuse and nasty walmart posts for you to read.. :)

Quoting Kes1s:

Yep.  It's not even a question.  You're not debating on separate rooms or anything.  Boring.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kes1s:

Same sex, so what. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN