Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids sleep together in the same bed every night..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

..is this okay??

We just recently moved and they share a room. I had to throw out one of their twin beds during the move, but we had an extra queen mattress. So I have them both in one queen until I can score a good deal on some bunk beds.

They personally like sharing a bed. Sometimes they argue and put the teddy bear in between one another ;) They are 4 and 5 year old boys by the way.

ETA- Sweet! My first featured post. I was wondering why my post got so many replies! Thanks for ALL your input ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Replies (461-470):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:13 AM
My sisters are twins so they always shared a bedroom. They grew up very dependent on each other and it was difficult for my mom to get them to sleep in their own beds once they got older. I think she kept them in the same bedroom for too long.
MooNFaeRie30
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:31 AM
1 mom liked this

my kids have their own beds (thye are 6 and 4, girls), but they share a room and 9 times out of 10 they sleep in the same one lol. at one pont we also had one quuen size matress for them because we were waiting for the eds to be delivered. they shared before thiat and still do most nights.

tyheamma
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:38 AM

My sister and I shared when I was 12 and she was 6. It was fine.

NenaDeAnn
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I am 38 years old, I have shaed a bed with both my sisters growing up we have shared a bunk bed and a king size bed. I am the eldest, then my nex sister is 1 year and 13 days younger than me and then there is the baby girl which is 4 years younger than me. I would have to. Sleep in the middle cause they would talk or fight all night if they could. They would boh pull there ce cold bare feet all over me and the worst is baby girl would pee the bed. All of this prepared me for sharing my bed with my kids. My 16 year old boy shared the bed with us from birth to 7 years old in which his siter bumped him ou of ou bed and now she has been in our bed from birth til 9 years old, to which the current baby tha will be here in March will proceed to kick her out of bed, or if the 9 yo had her way she would kick dad out of the bed.

I grew up well adjusted person. Sharing your bed with.your kids id not for everyone but works for me and my family. Funny thing is, is that my sisters hate sharing their beds with their kids. To each his own I guess....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this
It's a great idea! My 8yo and 5 yo dds share a bed and use different blankets, since they don't want to share one. They're getting bunk beds when we move though:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jgirlme
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:24 AM

All three of my girls have their own beds and had their own rooms. The youngest kept sleeping in her sisters beds, so the two youngest share a bedroom, now. She still kept crawling in bed with her sisters, so I moved their twin beds together and she actually sleeps in her bed now. On her own side/mattress. I think she just craved the closeness.

AMAKA813
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I belive nothing is wrong with that cos it will make them to unite as brothers.

faceofanangel33
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:17 AM
My 8 yr old stepson and 11 yr old stepson usually either sleep in the bottom bunk of their bunkbeds (no idea why neither one of em wants to top bunk) or on the floor with pillows and blankets like its a slumber party lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
julesbouge
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I shared a bed with my little brother for several years.  What is the big deal?  We both grew up just fine with no scars and no therapist to help us through. 

happymom0609
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I don't see a problem. If that is where the feel secure, so be it. Be thankful they are close.

giving mom gift

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN