Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids sleep together in the same bed every night..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

..is this okay??

We just recently moved and they share a room. I had to throw out one of their twin beds during the move, but we had an extra queen mattress. So I have them both in one queen until I can score a good deal on some bunk beds.

They personally like sharing a bed. Sometimes they argue and put the teddy bear in between one another ;) They are 4 and 5 year old boys by the way.

ETA- Sweet! My first featured post. I was wondering why my post got so many replies! Thanks for ALL your input ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Replies (471-480):
ratchetlee
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:21 AM

my girls share a room (I have 2) and a boy that has a room to himself.  all have FULL beds.  But sometimes, he will go and sleep with his older sister (he's 6, she's 9).  And on Fridays they watch movies in the girls' room, so he sleeps with her then as well.

I don't see anything wrong with it, especiallly at that age!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 58 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I don't see a problem with. What do you think families did with their kids at night in centuries past? It used to be only the rich who slept apart. My girls used to share a bed. The youngest would wait for us to close the door before getting out of her bed and climbing in with her sister. LOL... Heck sometimes my DD#1 will yell for one of us to come tell DD#2 to get out of her bed because she won't listen to DD#1. DD#2 is a pain that way and they are too big size wise to be sharing a twin. DD#1 is 19 and DD#2 is 18.

jdoran3
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I have 3 boys and at one time they all wanted to sleep in the same room, sometimes it was all bunked together in the same bed too.  I shared a room with my sister for years growing up. It seems like a priviledge to me for kids to each have their own room and or own bed.  How many of you have parents or grandparents where there were 4 or even 6 kids in a 2 or 3 bedroom house.  I see nothing wrong with it.

drewby75061
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:35 AM

my 2 oldest girls ( 5 and 7 ) share a queen size bed I find no  problems with it! they are happy

Beachbum1275
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I saw this ad on co-sleeping and it was a Mom tucking her son into his own bed and she was telling him that he needed to sleep in his big boy bed alone and he said but Mommy, Daddy is a big boy and he doesn't have to sleep alone. It made me sad. We share our bed with our kids more often than not and when they aren't with us, they are with each other. Except for my older son and he is autistic and isn't interested in any kind of togetherness like that. He prefers to be in his own space. I guess it is all up to what is a right fit for the family and kid and when there is an obvious issue, handle it. Otherwise don't make one?

LittlePiggies5
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM
My 2 girls 9 and 7 have a twin bed and a 3 seater couch in their room.........
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
supercarp
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I shared a bedroom with my brother until I was about 7. It was actually my choice, since I was afraid of the dark and having him in the room with me made it easier to go to sleep. After that I had a room of my own, and (I don't believe) any ill effects.

mkfran
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Sounds perfectly fine to me. A queen bed is rather huge. My husband and I have a queen size bed and there is lots of room.  At one point i had two of my daughters sleeping in a full size bed.

Jessybear87
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM
My girls share a room, and have their own beds, but we always find that one will climb into the others bed. My youngest son climbs into his big brothers bed all the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM

my girls slept together by choice for a long time.  until my oldest daughter was about 11-12yrs old & her younger sister was 6.   the only issue we had was the younger one had a harder time falling asleep for awhile after because she was so use to sleeping with her big sis.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)