Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids sleep together in the same bed every night..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

..is this okay??

We just recently moved and they share a room. I had to throw out one of their twin beds during the move, but we had an extra queen mattress. So I have them both in one queen until I can score a good deal on some bunk beds.

They personally like sharing a bed. Sometimes they argue and put the teddy bear in between one another ;) They are 4 and 5 year old boys by the way.

ETA- Sweet! My first featured post. I was wondering why my post got so many replies! Thanks for ALL your input ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Replies (481-490):
kanickie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM

My boys shared a queen size bed until recently. They slept better that way, felt safer I guess. The important thing is they are getting a good nights sleep, especially when they are little.

MichelleK-W
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I don't see anything wrong there.

My boys wouldn't sleep well in the same bed, though, because both wiggle a lot and kick around.

Shel K, Mom of 2 boys

gumeshoe
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM

My mother never sleep alone until she was separated from daddy. She was alright.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM

My 2 sisters and myself- shared a queen size bed until I was in highschool. I would not hesitated letting my boys share a bed- if we needed to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM

For centuries families have slept in the same room, even the same bed, mostly out of necessity. I see nothing wrong with that.  However, I can tell you that as part of my custody battle, the court ordered child psychologist has reprimanded me for not locking the door at night, ensuring that my son doesn't see anything.  And cosleeping is absolutely not tolerated!  It has come up in court that I must provide a separate bedroom for each of our children.  My new husband and I have 6 children between us, 3 of them living with us.  If each of them must have their own room, then that means the other 3 have to go live with their abusive mother (in another state nearly 200 miles away).  Sick freaking world we live in, huh?  "Sorry, this is China now.  If you can't afford a 7 bedroom house, then you have to give away your children."

kittysangel
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Honestly by what i have been reading the reason most kiddos wanna sleep with someone is saftey somewhere in our minds when we're little the monsters are real, mostly we have that instinct from when a big cat or something of the like could get in and grab us when we're asleep. thou to add both my boys 18 m and nearly 4 y sleep in bed most nights with me and daddy

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

With my custody, I'm allowed two children per room, but to share a room, the children have to be the same gender, and no child should share a room with a child who differs in age by more than seven years. My husband and I are expecting our second together, my third. If I have a girl, we'll need a four bedroom house. If I have a boy, I can put the two youngest together and we'll only need a three bedroom house.

Quoting Anonymous: For centuries families have slept in the same room, even the same bed, mostly out of necessity. I see nothing wrong with that.  However, I can tell you that as part of my custody battle, the court ordered child psychologist has reprimanded me for not locking the door at night, ensuring that my son doesn't see anything.  And cosleeping is absolutely not tolerated!  It has come up in court that I must provide a separate bedroom for each of our children.  My new husband and I have 6 children between us, 3 of them living with us.  If each of them must have their own room, then that means the other 3 have to go live with their abusive mother (in another state nearly 200 miles away).  Sick freaking world we live in, huh?  "Sorry, this is China now.  If you can't afford a 7 bedroom house, then you have to give away your children."

Disneymom1218
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:19 PM

my girls (10 tomorrow and 8) have bunk beds and many times in the middle of the night the youngest will climb down from the top and snuggle in with her sister. I don't see a problem with it.

smgb0510
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I put my kids in their own beds every night and it never fails that every other morning, I wake up, go upstairs and find two of them in the same bed asleep...  I think the youngest takes turns getting in bed with a different one every night...  I'm sure someone probably has a problem with this, but to the ones who do...  they probably didn't breastfeed their kids either so I have a problem with them...  The reason I mention breastfeeding is that I think I ended up in bed with my kids most of the night when I was breastfeeding them because it was almost pointless to get up every hour and I would've never gotten any sleep if I hadn't let them sleep with me back then...  which also leads me to the point that I guess the same people who would have problems with this probably don't have the kids wandering in the bathroom every thirty seconds while they're using the bathroom either...  "Mommy, can I do this, mommy, can I have this...  Mommy, so and so is doing this", all while I am using the bathroom or talking on the phone...  So, anyway, I'm thinking the people who would have a problem with the kids sleeping in the same bed probably are control freaks and probably will end up with kids who have security issues when they're older...  My thinking is that the older kids are probably teaching the younger ones how to be alone because they were alone before the younger ones came along so it's a good thing...  so I'm not making a big deal about the babies getting in the beds with the older ones...

tsmom03
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Nothing at all wrong with this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured