Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids sleep together in the same bed every night..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

..is this okay??

We just recently moved and they share a room. I had to throw out one of their twin beds during the move, but we had an extra queen mattress. So I have them both in one queen until I can score a good deal on some bunk beds.

They personally like sharing a bed. Sometimes they argue and put the teddy bear in between one another ;) They are 4 and 5 year old boys by the way.

ETA- Sweet! My first featured post. I was wondering why my post got so many replies! Thanks for ALL your input ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Replies (491-500):
sarah.a.dury
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Former CPS social worker here. I see nothing wrong here.
bqt
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM

my little brother and i shared a bed till i was 5 and we got bunk beds. 

SaraCVT
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM
My girl twins have their own rooms and the vast majority of the time, they sleep in them. But very occasionally when I go to check on them, I will find that one of them has crawled into the others' bed. They call these "sleepovers". I don't really have a problem with it; I think they're just reaffirming the twin bond.
Raveyk
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM

My kids share a full sized bed. I have a 2yr old boy and 4 yr old girl. They love it and refuse to sleep apart. I see no problem with this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM

DD9 DS 4 and I share a bed...

TylersMom0825
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Moving to a new space is often scary or uncertain for children. There's no problem with them sleeping in the same bed at that age, especially since they are both boys. It's security and familiarity. However, it will be inappropriate in a year or two.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzyjay
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Its really no big deal,shared bed with my Sister while growing up for years,even after I got married and my Husband was away for months,still shared bed with my sisters anytime they came visiting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megzboys
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM

My three boys all pile on to the bottom bunk bed in the winter time because they share each other body heat even though we have a heater in there for them.     I think it is totally fine and they will let you know when they are done with it.  

KittenKrump
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:23 AM
My 7&9 yo brother leave their nice bedroom to pile up on a loveseat together. Its a security thing.
morriganna
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM

So sweet!  That's actually somewhat normal even into the teens.  If they enjoy it, all the better:) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)