Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids sleep together in the same bed every night..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

..is this okay??

We just recently moved and they share a room. I had to throw out one of their twin beds during the move, but we had an extra queen mattress. So I have them both in one queen until I can score a good deal on some bunk beds.

They personally like sharing a bed. Sometimes they argue and put the teddy bear in between one another ;) They are 4 and 5 year old boys by the way.

ETA- Sweet! My first featured post. I was wondering why my post got so many replies! Thanks for ALL your input ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Replies (51-60):
momto3infl
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM

No issue.  Hell at one point we had 3 kids in one full size bed that are 2 girls and 1 boy.  This was several yrs ago before we got our bigger home and lived in a 2 bedroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I grew up the oldest of 4, then add 4 step siblings and a niece and nephew, no house we lived in had more than 3 rooms. We shared beds all the time. Now i have a hard time sleeping alone and i think this is why, but other than that i never really minded sharing a bed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:01 PM
My oldest two 7 and 6 like to share a room. My oldest had his own room and the 5 shared a room with the 4 year old but doesn't like it. So I took the bunk bed apart and moved it to the oldest room and gave the youngest the other bed. The oldest two are a boy and girl. Idk why she likes to share a room with him and not her little sister.
RichMommy
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I think its great.
My girls share a room now but have their own beds. They end up in the same bed every night so when we move next month we are just buying them a queen to share.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1wildchild
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:06 PM

My kids (DD is 4, DS is 18 months) each have their own beds but share a room, DD doesn't want her own room yet I've asked her multiple times. No matter how many times I would put them to bed separately DS would always climb into bed with DD during the night and most of the time DD doesn't mind. I see nothing wrong with it for now while they're young. I think DS likes to share a bed with DD because he bed-shared with me and DH until he was 13-14 months. 

TheMommaJessie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM

thats fine i shared a bed with a friend of mine at 10 when she lived with us for a bit.

mickstinator
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I don't see why not! I shared a bed with my sister most of my childhood even when we had separate beds to sleep in. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM
It's probably good for them! That's some good bonding, closeness time that a lot more siblings could sure use.
IndigoOwl
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM
That's cute!

Quoting 1wildchild:

My kids (DD is 4, DS is 18 months) each have their own beds but share a room, DD doesn't want her own room yet I've asked her multiple times. No matter how many times I would put them to bed separately DS would always climb into bed with DD during the night and most of the time DD doesn't mind. I see nothing wrong with it for now while they're young. I think DS likes to share a bed with DD because he bed-shared with me and DH until he was 13-14 months. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Oostera
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I like it:) I don't think it's a problem, why should it be? Family should like to cuddle each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN