Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids sleep together in the same bed every night..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

..is this okay??

We just recently moved and they share a room. I had to throw out one of their twin beds during the move, but we had an extra queen mattress. So I have them both in one queen until I can score a good deal on some bunk beds.

They personally like sharing a bed. Sometimes they argue and put the teddy bear in between one another ;) They are 4 and 5 year old boys by the way.

ETA- Sweet! My first featured post. I was wondering why my post got so many replies! Thanks for ALL your input ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Replies (61-70):
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM

My boys share a queen bed. They had seperate rooms, and I'd wake up to find them in one of the rooms together. I tried two toddler beds, they pulled the mattresses off and put them together in the middle of the room. Tried twin beds thinking the mattresses would be too heavy for them to move...nope. So I bought a queen and said "fine, sleep next to each other!", lol.

When they fight though, one of them moves to the foot of the bed, lol.

Luna091306
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it at all. Now if they were like 16 and 15 and forced to share a bed....that would be weird but I'm sure they love it right now! It's probably comforting having their brother close by.

Luna091306
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM

That's so cute!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

My boys share a queen bed. They had seperate rooms, and I'd wake up to find them in one of the rooms together. I tried two toddler beds, they pulled the mattresses off and put them together in the middle of the room. Tried twin beds thinking the mattresses would be too heavy for them to move...nope. So I bought a queen and said "fine, sleep next to each other!", lol.

When they fight though, one of them moves to the foot of the bed, lol.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I co slept with both my girls. When moving them to their own rooms they were constantly coming back into our bed. Finally I put them both into my oldest full bed. They stayed in bed! They are 5&3.
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM

It's temporary so not a big deal honestly.

Jenn8604
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM
No they are both boys they can share a bed til they get sick of each other.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM

No biggie.

Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM

my 8 & 11 yr old boys have their own rooms each with a twin bed. yet each night my 11 yr old sleeps with my 8 yr old - they just like being together.

weaveress
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM

my girls share a queen size bed. they are 3 and 11. when i was growing up my siblings and i shared a queen size bed. they're were four of us, 2 girls and 2 boys. 

heatherd09
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it at all. As long as it works for them and works for you, then I don't see an issue :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN