Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is my Husband a Jerk?

Posted by   + Show Post

Usually he's a nice guy.

Here's the situation. We have hundreds of expensive board games ($50 and up) and not enough storage space. So, a lot of similar ones get combined. He says he doesn't understand why a game was put away messily. What probably happened was that when there were guests, it was hard for a group to decide what to play and 2 boxes that are related games were opened and parts pulled out. Now the parts are mixed up. Both boxes have 2 or 3 complete games. So, to prevent this from happening in the future, I say could he please write out a list for the box that says what parts go in there. He starts yelling at me saying I just want to start an argument and tell him that he's wrong and to shut the fuck up or he wants to hit me not that he ever does but that he wants to. So I give up and he goes upstairs.

I still don't know what's supposed to be in each box or how to avoid the situation next time! I can't bring it up without him getting mad. How do you bring up hot-button issues in a calm way?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:05 AM
.....over board games???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:06 AM
You must be in an abusive relationship or witnessed abuse growing up if you don't see anything wrong with his behavior.

Quoting Anonymous:

Leave him alone.  He's obviously annoyed about the board games, and it is a petty thing to argue about anyway.  If he's going to take the time to write a list out why wouldn't you guys just sit down together and sort out the pieces?  Or, you could probably figure it out on your own, couldn't you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:09 AM

There's obviously more to the story.  Maybe she is nagging him to death about it.  I don't know.  I find it hard to believe that a man would blow up over a simple question unless he's mentally unstable.

Quoting Anonymous:

You must be in an abusive relationship or witnessed abuse growing up if you don't see anything wrong with his behavior.

Quoting Anonymous:

Leave him alone.  He's obviously annoyed about the board games, and it is a petty thing to argue about anyway.  If he's going to take the time to write a list out why wouldn't you guys just sit down together and sort out the pieces?  Or, you could probably figure it out on your own, couldn't you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Abusers aren't mentally unstable they choose to abuse and have control over their actions.

Quoting Anonymous:

There's obviously more to the story.  Maybe she is nagging him to death about it.  I don't know.  I find it hard to believe that a man would blow up over a simple question unless he's mentally unstable.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

wildlilacs
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Just learn to do things on your own without his imput. You know what sets him off. Avoid things that set him off. Or Better yet, both into counseling or leave. He has abusive tendencies. It must be dealt with.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Two_Hearts
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Im with the other ladies here , the board games are not your biggest issue.

The fact that he tells you he wants to hit you , is a huge issue ...and he gets that mad over mixed up board games??

In response to the board game dilemma...put the peices in big ziploc bags and make sure that your kids put the correct games back in the correct bags.

mama_2_jasper
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Wow.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Same here.. The last thing I'd be worried about is how to put away a board game.

It Mr. Perfect wants it done 'just so' and he can't at least talk to you with respect, then he can do it by his damn self.

Quoting owl0210:

I'd be out the door if I was ever talked to like that and threatened. What a fucking asshole.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
she_walk_softly
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Leave all the board pieces on the stairs at night and turn the lights off.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Quoting marie2409:

I have no words.....sorry :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)