Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is my Husband a Jerk?

Posted by   + Show Post

Usually he's a nice guy.

Here's the situation. We have hundreds of expensive board games ($50 and up) and not enough storage space. So, a lot of similar ones get combined. He says he doesn't understand why a game was put away messily. What probably happened was that when there were guests, it was hard for a group to decide what to play and 2 boxes that are related games were opened and parts pulled out. Now the parts are mixed up. Both boxes have 2 or 3 complete games. So, to prevent this from happening in the future, I say could he please write out a list for the box that says what parts go in there. He starts yelling at me saying I just want to start an argument and tell him that he's wrong and to shut the fuck up or he wants to hit me not that he ever does but that he wants to. So I give up and he goes upstairs.

I still don't know what's supposed to be in each box or how to avoid the situation next time! I can't bring it up without him getting mad. How do you bring up hot-button issues in a calm way?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I'd be annoyed if they were thrown together, too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:16 AM

What board games cost $50? And yeah, I would be pissed if they aren't taken care of if I spent hundred of dollars on them. I get pissed if my kids can't put a game away that costs $10. 

pristine729
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I say, "sweetheart, I'm not trying to upset you, I'm trying to find a solution... Let's just talk with out getting upset. I love you very much"

You get the gist...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:18 AM

over games oh my jeez. um idk my husband and I dont fight over corny shit. we hardly fight at all actually. we argue over stupid shit sometimes but the argument usually ends in 5 seconds because we start laughing at each other. the last big fight we had was probably last year. so cant help you...um by the way, a board game is not a hot button issue...not paying a bill, cheating, lack of sex & laziness are all hot button issues. board game: useless nonsense.

smushy79
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM

That is pretty lame that he wants to hit you over board games. WOW....

I would take them all and throw them into a big pile...but that's me...testing the limits, lol. Seriously though, if DH threatened to hit me or said he wanted to, I would NOT let that issue go.

As for bringing up hot buttom issues I dunno, I just bring them up. I dont wait for a special time. I usually speak my mind whenever. He does the same. I dont think either one of us feels like we have to walk on eggshells.

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Ummm board games is a hot button? Run fast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chefmartha
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Find the game rules. Many of them have a list of the parts required for the game at the beginning of the rules. It is usually under the title 'equipment', usually directly under the 'object of the game' section. (I checked several of my games to be certain)

If you have lost the instructions then I would try looking the game up on the internet to see what parts come with the game or if you can get a copy of the instructions with a parts list.

You could also ask a friend that may have the same game if you could copy the their instructions/rules sheet so that you have a copy.

And the best way to bring up the 'hot-button' issue would probably start doing the job yourself and when he asks what you are doing tell him and ask if he'd like to help. Try and suggest that the job would get done faster if he would help you get it done.

Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM

You are both a little crazy

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Your husband is abusive! He wants to hit you over board games! If it were my husband I would tell him to leave and seek help!
seegrace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:38 AM

My knee jerk reaction:  Initiate crazy look, load them all up into a pile outside, sprinkle some lighter fluid for good measure and light a match.  Inform him that the mixed up game issue is moot and the next time he threatens you he might think about how crazy the crazy look can be.

But that would only make matters worse.   The better thing to do I guess is let him cool and in the meantime try to make sense out of games yourself.  Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)