Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bill Cosby says he is NOT African American...interesting read....

Posted by   + Show Post
This is actually word for word what he said to a gathering of students who asked about the bailout in America Great response...

'They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.'

I can't even talk the way these people talk:

Why you ain't,?

Where you is,?

What he drive,?

Where he stay,?

Where he work,?

Who you be...?

And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.

And then I heard the father talk.

Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth

In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.

The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.

These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.

$500 sneakers for what??

And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.

Where were you when he was 2

Where were you when he was 12?

Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?

And where is the father? Or who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward:?

Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?

People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something???

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from?

We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa.

I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid.

I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany, Scotland, England, Ireland, or the Netherlands?. The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa.

So stop, already! ! !

With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap .....

and all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.

We have got to take the neighborhood back.

People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.

We have millionaire football players who cannot read.

We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job.

Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.

We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.

We cannot blame the white people any longer.'

Dr. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed.D.
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Replies (61-70):
areles
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM
5 moms liked this
it's so strange that this has come up twice here, today. this morning on the way to work i was thinking about a conversation i recently had with a friend, who remarked that i seem to have an affinity for black people, and that i tend to find blacks more attractive than other ethnicities, and how i love gospel and jazz and blues, all true, and asked why i thought that is - being a white midwestern girl who now lives in California. i said that the only explanation i could come up with is that for the first three years of my life, i lived in an entirely black neighborhood in kansas city, and black faces were the only faces i saw, other than my parents'. 'black music' was all i heard - jazz, blues, old r&b. etc.

anyway, i was thinking about how if i told that story here, people might get on my case for saying black instead of African American, and then i thought, fuck that. i grew up in a black neighborhood, not an African American one.

i then started thinking further, about how white folks aren't actually white - skin tones range from alabaster to olive to golden brown.

and sure, we don't call latinos 'brown people', but can you imagine if someone decided we should refer to all latinos as 'Mexican American'? it would be ridiculous.

I've only met a couple of true African Americans. the rest were American Americans, or had Haitian roots, or Jamaican, and so on.

i feel that using a catch all like African Americans does a disservice to the hugely rich and diverse cultures and backgrounds of black people. if i were black I'd much rather be referred to as black, because to me it signifies great beauty and mystery, far more so than some generic catchall like African American.

those are my thoughts on the matter, for better or worse.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I posted about this and I pretty much said the same thing. I am black but I have no connection to Africa.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I'm sure you are kidding...

Quoting JakesMom712:

Omg. I was team bill for a good while. But seriously, he need to go sit down somewhere and stfu. Worry about his own baby mama.

With light and love

kelly617
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

HELLS YES!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Honestly no I don't think he is. There is a difference.

Quoting Anonymous:

All I'm saying is that he is just as immoral as the blacks he bashes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pointing fingers back at him does not negate the truth of what he said.

Quoting Anonymous:

How is it a fail? The term has nothing to do with political correctness for one. And two, the term has now been included on the US Census. Sounds more like a win than a lose

Bill should also mention the fact that he cheated on his wife and fathered a child with his lover. He's not looking too good himself.

Quoting momto2boys973:

I agree. He's an AMERICAN and that's that. The term "African American" was a sorry attempt at PCness. And it's a fail.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Quoting JakesMom712:

What would have made his point valid would have been if he had included all races. Its not just blacks that do the things he pointed out. Koreans, whites, latinos, blacks, Armenians.

You'd deny it's disproportionately blacks?

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Fuck yea, BC. Preach it!!!!!!!!!!

Teacher101
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Mohammad is a religious name... just putting that out there.

LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM
7 moms liked this
And to all the NON black people so ecstatic about what he is saying please keep in mind WE as a human race NEED TO DO BETTER. There are non educated BLACKS, WHITES, LATINOS and ASIANS. Fortunately I have been able since a child to always be in diverse environments. I have heard every race speak like they have lived in a shoe box all their lives. I have heard ignorance from all people. I have also meet very intelligent people of all races. So what we NEED TO DO. Is better each other! And stop making this a racial thing. Because I have YET to see one perfect race.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Seriously?

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting JakesMom712:

What would have made his point valid would have been if he had included all races. Its not just blacks that do the things he pointed out. Koreans, whites, latinos, blacks, Armenians.

You'd deny it's disproportionately blacks?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I have so much respect for him. Not only is he right, but he is not afraid to speak the truth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured